PDA

View Full Version : tri z resto updates with pics.

Mosh
10-29-2005, 11:13 AM
well as some of you may recall, i brought home a basket case z.that is the first pic. well now i have her on a roller (2nd pics) and i have the cases split on the engine. i have learned a lot about interchanging parts. the frame is painted yellow with a pearl purple haze to it. the rear swinger has been painted stock with 5 coats of automotive enamel and has all new factory bushings and sleeves,with polished dog bone, i have found a way to make banshees shock fit with slight mods,it does work. it has an 05 banshee shock on there. rear honda wheels and hubs and the rear rear width is 51 inches. honda 300 ex grab bar will fit with some shims added to the bolt holes.f.y.i. I have been figthing engine issues. i have a yz 250 bottom end. the crank does not accept the tri-z flywheel. so i got a z crank with a bad rod. the yz crank is new. i am swappin the rods now. they are the same part number rods for yz to tri z years 85 to 88.next i will be converting the yz engine rear kick to a front kick tri-z setup. i have done much research and am learning alot. i will prolly know just about everything that can be crossed over to a z when i am finished.and btw, chainsaw's plastic refinishing tips do work. we have restored the orginal light assembly back to showroom new. thanks saw. these are no way finalized pics. this is mocked up right now, and will be getting more new stuff shortly.thanks for looking. an i still neesd some misc parts,if anyone has some, pm me and i will buy what i need. and notice the seat. we do custom seats as you know and this one has been retored with yamaha logo and all.:pics:

diggerzmound
10-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Looks like it is coming together very nicely. I recieved mine in the same state, boxes!!