PDA

View Full Version : Alright guys,I need help on this mod.

2XTREME
10-27-2005, 05:50 PM
I just got in the Banshee rear carrier so that I could use the wave rotor and banshee rotor hub I got.I held it up to the old carrier and it is quite a bit different,For one the banshee uses long bolts through the carrier to hold it on,second the banshee carrier mounts on the inside of the Z swinger instead of on the outside,third the main mounting holes are like 3/8" wider.I thought I read somewhere this mod would work.I havn't set it in the swinger yet.It is at home right now.I am a little nervous,Especially for the price I just paid for all of this aluminum stuff.To top it off I have the old stuff listed on ebay right now.DOHHHHH!!!:wondering That is my fault for jumping the gun.I am going to make this work one way or the other.I need some help from someone who has done this mod.
thanks,
X:wondering :wondering :wondering

Derrick Adams
10-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Firstly, don't get too stressed out. I've found that the carriers are different too. Not sure on the earlier Banshees, but the one I have is different. When I made my mounts for the ATC500 project I originally used the Tri-Z carrier and then switched to the Banshee. I'm glad I did it sooner and not later! I just had to drill a different hole for the pivot bolt. BUT, the carriers are different widths, so I'm not sure on that. IF it fits inside your swinger, then you should be OK. Worst case scenario, you have to cut off the Tri-Z carrier mounts and weld on some Banshee ones.

Forgot to mention that you will also need the Banshee brake caliper!

2XTREME
10-27-2005, 06:00 PM
I am bidding on a caliper now.thanks for the info.So drill a new lower pivot hole.Don't the swingers have washers welded to them for strength?
X

Mosh
10-29-2005, 06:49 PM
you need to get a 87 thru 89 rear banshee carrier.that should fit right on there. they dont have the long bolts and they use the same 4 bolt system the z does.

twgranger
10-29-2005, 09:30 PM
you need to get a 87 thru 89 rear banshee carrier.that should fit right on there. they dont have the long bolts and they use the same 4 bolt system the z does.I remember reading that to. The older ones should go right on but not too sure on the aftrmarket carriers.

Banage
10-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Dont ever post your old till you have a running ride

2XTREME
11-02-2005, 05:14 PM
I have a buddy over at the machine shop helping me make the new design banshee rear carrier work.I hope it turns out.
X