PDA

View Full Version : "Big Mossy"

twkmaster
10-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Almost completely finished my camo job on my trike. Lotsa work but worth it.

85hondaatc125m
10-26-2005, 11:30 PM
That trike looks amazing, it would be the perfect thing for hunting. Good Job

twkmaster
10-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks. That is exactly what I am using it for. Note the ATV blind in the back. Completely covers the ATV and allows you to sit normally and be hidden by camo.
Been a lot of fun so far.

Vealmonkey
10-27-2005, 01:10 AM
Man, that is pretty wild, it must have taken hours to do that camo paint job. Do you hunt while sitting on the trike? Can't the animals smell the gas and oil? Do you have to register your trike for hunting. I think you did a great job with it. I hope your buddys don't tease you about one of your wheels falling off.

twkmaster
10-27-2005, 07:00 AM
First of all, thanks for the compliment. Actually took me and my son about six months, (one bite at a time because of the heat/work). Frame, etc. was paint and all the plastic was done with a product called Camoclad. Indeed, it was many hours of work and very tedious. In the end though, it was well worth it. The only kidding I have received have been from guys urging me to put a homing device on the trike so I could find it in the woods. Been a lot of fun making jokes about it.

As for the animals smelling the gas and oil, they are so used to smelling that sort of thing that it doesn't seem to bother them too much. I have parked the trike and come back from hunting to find fresh tracks around it. The only thing you have to worry about is masking your scent and I use Scent Lok suits and cover scent.
And yes, you can sit on your trike using the ATV blind that I added, (jpg. attached).

chris200x
10-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes, but isn't it illegal to hunt from a vehicle. Nice job btw.

conig
10-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Yes, but isn't it illegal to hunt from a vehicle. Nice job btw.

depends on were you are and what your hunting. as long as you are not shining

83200e
10-27-2005, 04:12 PM
It's not illegal to hunt from it,as long as he isn't moving.We sometimes hunt rainy days sitting in our trucks(parked) watching fields or woodlines.

chris200x
10-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Hmm,, it is unlawful to hunt or have a loaded weapon in a motorized vehicle here in Pa. Unless you have a special handicapp permit. I will have to double check on this though it has me wondering.

350x'inNY
10-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Almost completely finished my camo job on my trike. Lotsa work but worth it.

Don't tell me it was a nice red before. I have the reminnents of a "Camo"ed 250ES. Still trying to take off green paint every time I wash it! :rolleyes:

Oldshell4481
10-27-2005, 07:38 PM
hmm heater hunting, much fun, i do that for partridge and moose only

Tri-ZNate
10-27-2005, 08:18 PM
yeah here in Pa you cant hunt from a motorized vehicle or be around one when you shoot, but what thrill is that?

I had that same gun holder for my SX. It was annoying though due to the zipper inside and the case on the outside. I just eventually left it unzipped and left the top cover for the case at home. Worked much better.

350x'inNY
10-27-2005, 08:42 PM
ScottZJ has a nice gun rack for sale on ebay for a Big Red. Sweet if you are a hunter.

Bruce

twkmaster
10-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks, but when I said almost completely, I did not mention that a rack was one of the things that I still have to put on. BTW, have since replaced gun boot w/camo version, (imagine that). Will also replace directional front tire w/turfbuster tomorrow and am making a mounting plate for winch to be added to hitch. It is a portable type so that I can use it independently fro the trike. Wiring is gonna be tricky but do-able.

chris200x
10-27-2005, 08:52 PM
can we see some close up pics... the pics you posted are small and far away. The reason i ask is I would like to do my quad fenders with that stuff. Is it durable? How does it hold up?

twkmaster
10-27-2005, 08:54 PM
I guess you could say that I will be equipped for just about any situation short of a total wipe-out. The only thing I have to figure out is how to get the deer to cooperate and show up at the same time as me. ;)

twkmaster
10-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Not sure how to do that and keep within limits for jpg.

350x'inNY
10-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Well....this fall I'm going to get the floorboards, Hondaline worklight, HL Guard, Speedo, C eh D eh N eh ian Hondaline Block Heater kit, and HOPEFULLY the correct snowplow kit on to my Big Red. I already got the Hondaline Mudflaps and the 6-pack rack on it! :naughty:

patblkwell
10-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey Bruce, tell me more about how you will be obtaining a Hondaline worklight?? I was trying to track one down at one time but had no luck. Thought they only existed in pictures lol. Oh, have you had any luck finding those rubber footpegs yet?

chris200x
10-28-2005, 10:27 PM
huh, after further research it seems that it's ok if the vehicle (trike or any other vehicle) is parked and not in motion. That's good to know as I would just use it for transporting and if I was lucky enough to haul the deer (or other game) out of the woods. I would park along a trail and walk the rest of the way out to the stand.

You can resize the pics bigger than the 300x300 pixels. I've posted them 640x something already. I would like to see it up close.

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-28-2005, 11:24 PM
email me the originals at JaredTowne@hotmail.com . I will get them up nice and big for you.

350x'inNY
10-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Hey Bruce, tell me more about how you will be obtaining a Hondaline worklight?? I was trying to track one down at one time but had no luck. Thought they only existed in pictures lol. Oh, have you had any luck finding those rubber footpegs yet?

I picked one up on ebay a few weeks ago. It's for a TRX200, but the only difference I can see is the "base" mounting bracket. The TRX mounts to the front rack, where the ATC ones' I've seen only in pics had a bracket off the top of the fork on the right side that looped down to the side of the headlight base on the right. Since I got the speedo, and that has to go on the right, I'm going to use a 200E/ES speedo mounting bracket off the Left fork top, and mount it to that. If it's too much weight, I'll send it to "Swiney Custom Brackets" to add a loop back down to the headlight bracket. I think it'll be OK though... the pics of the worklight on the 200M and 200S just have it coming off the top of the fork only. I figured out the mounting bracket part number for the 250ES and it said "Disc"... I then figured the part number for the 200ES. Said it was available, but when I called the order into Service Honda, they told me it wasn;t. :(

I'm starting to think I miscounted on those Footpeg covers....

You got floorboards on yours right? Are they made by CMP???

Bruce

patblkwell
11-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Hey man, yeah I had a few ideas for one of those work lights...the only bad thing is that I heard they were having problems with the light draining too much battery power and blowing fuses. Not sure if that's factual or not though. I got my floorboards from a guy on this board who lives in Canada. I'm not sure exactly what brand they are, doesn't say anywhere on them. That's too bad about those rubber footpegs-sucks for me I guess...was hoping to get a pair of those. What else are you planning to do on your big red?

Patrick

Murph
11-04-2005, 05:18 PM
That thing looks awesome. I've been waitin to see a nice camo'd big red on here. The only thing that could make that one look better, is if it was Realtree camo.:D Then again, if it was realtree, you'd never find it once you got off.

350x'inNY
11-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey man, yeah I had a few ideas for one of those work lights...the only bad thing is that I heard they were having problems with the light draining too much battery power and blowing fuses. Not sure if that's factual or not though. I got my floorboards from a guy on this board who lives in Canada. I'm not sure exactly what brand they are, doesn't say anywhere on them. That's too bad about those rubber footpegs-sucks for me I guess...was hoping to get a pair of those. What else are you planning to do on your big red?

Patrick

I might have you covered (no pun intended hahaha) on those footpeg covers. I'll let you know....

Well... not sure about whatelse on it.... someone had it Camo'ed once.... been thi9nking about what would be easier... to "uncamo" it, or to do a better job of camoing it! I only say that, cause some of Harlan's newer decals leave the "red Out" so that if you have a faded tank or whatever, the color doesn't mismatch with your tank/fender color. If I camoed it right, then the Honda would be in green and match the camo.

Bruce

Maine_Triker
11-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Are they made by CMP???

Bruce
Mine are (don't know if I allready told you that or not), still have the original sticker on em' too! Actually the gunracks are made by CMP as well!

Nice camo job by the way twkmaster, I just hope those were Maier fenders! :lol:

patblkwell
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey Bruce, did you get the pm I sent you about the floorboards for the big red? I still don't see anywhere on mine where it says who manufactured them and all.

350x'inNY
11-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Yes... I saw that link... those are different than what I have here. I have the one's like Maine-Triker and mikefromlongisland

Bruce

PS - The footpeg cover ordeal should be straightened up tonight. A friend of mine has them, and got confused on whom I said they should be sent to. I staightened it out with him this morning....

patblkwell
11-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Oh ok, wasn't sure if that was what you were looking for. I've seen the brand new one like mine on ebay a few times but they were for a 200es. Oh good deal about the footpeg covers...thanks.