PDA

View Full Version : Got some riding pics this morning

Dammit!
10-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Just took the R out to a wash for some test riding today and took the camera along.

Dammit!
10-23-2005, 03:51 PM
More.

Still a little too warm out there. Another week or so and it's gonna be 7 months of perfect riding weather. :welcome:

85 250sx
10-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Sweet pics man. But tell us how much of a difference the clutch kit made!! Mine should be getting here sometime early this week.

Maine_Triker
10-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Man that is some sweet riding area.... :D

Fox250R
10-23-2005, 06:31 PM
looks awesome bro! wish i was there :)

edog
10-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Looks like some nice riding.

Dammit!
10-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Man that is some sweet riding area.... :D

Actually it's a dump. There's garbage all over the place. It seems to go on for a long way though so I think there's some good trails back there. I've been alone every time I've gone so I don't venture too far from the truck.

AZ250R
10-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Killer "sig pic"! Just look @ the earth your throw'n up & out, theres like a bolder being shot off that berm! :p

Kintore
10-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Killer pics dammit! There are some more I bet...Post em up!
Who took the pics?
LOVE the sig pic!
R is looking good as always :) Sweet!

fleetosc
10-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Actually it's a dump. There's garbage all over the place. It seems to go on for a long way though so I think there's some good trails back there. I've been alone every time I've gone so I don't venture too far from the truck.

Old school riding in AZ on the Salt River circa 1983

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8837/scan019ra.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3619/scan00020jo.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/937/scan00030ul.jpg

petesatc
10-24-2005, 05:21 PM
those old school photo's are cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris200x
10-24-2005, 05:28 PM
:eek: :Bounce yea, got anymore? :D

:welcome: to 3ww!!!

hey dammit. how'd ya get the action shots? did you use a tripod?

Darius1502
10-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Those old school shots are just awesome....

Looks like a fun as hell place to be back in the day...is that place still around now?

Dammit!
10-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Those old school shots are just awesome....

Looks like a fun as hell place to be back in the day...is that place still around now?

No. The Salt River area is nothing like that anymore.

AZ250R
10-25-2005, 04:31 PM
No. The Salt River area is nothing like that anymore.
Really, it should still be & I've wanted to go riding there again? I was there about 16 years ago with my trike but have not been riding there since. I've tubed past it a few times over the years since, within the last 3 and people still ride there. Its kind of a "show off" place IMO, but still cool and ya can go in the river to literaly cool off! I was runn'n my trike under a "monster truck" one time there. Would be neat if ya could camp there overnight cause its only like an hour away from almost anywhere in the valley. WE SHOULD DO IT! :beer

edog
10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Nice pics.Welcome to the board.:welcome:

Dammit!
10-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Really, it should still be & I've wanted to go riding there again? I was there about 16 years ago with my trike but have not been riding there since. I've tubed past it a few times over the years since, within the last 3 and people still ride there. Its kind of a "show off" place IMO, but still cool and ya can go in the river to literaly cool off! I was runn'n my trike under a "monster truck" one time there. Would be neat if ya could camp there overnight cause its only like an hour away from almost anywhere in the valley. WE SHOULD DO IT! :beer

I heard you were not allowed to ride there anymore and I never saw anyone riding there. I don't know. Lets get one of these east siders to go find out. :lol:

monster 84r
10-25-2005, 10:56 PM
i can check up on it for you. i know for a fact they closed the saguaro riding trails because of idiots on huge utility bikes tearing up the trails, and riding off of the trails in some cases.

dammit we should maybe go ridin together sometime if i can get the damn 'r running right.

i might end up with a tecate so then again, no worries.

Dammit!
10-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Killer pics dammit! There are some more I bet...Post em up!

Those were the best. Here's a couple more though. These have the contrast corrected so the quality is a little better even though the shots aren't as good.

Who took the pics?

My gf took them. I took her for a short ride. She didn't know they went that fast. :lol:

dammit we should maybe go ridin together sometime if i can get the damn 'r running right.

No doubt. You ever go to Sycamore Creek? Where do you usually ride?

Yamahauler
10-26-2005, 12:04 AM
That diamond plate looks awesome on those fenders. gives it a mean look to it.

Looks like a great riding area anyways.

fleetosc
10-26-2005, 01:57 PM
I lived in Mesa for 5 years and used to ride the river area every weekend. I have tons of pictures I can post of that particular area. I go back every winter for christmas and every time I drive out to that area it makes me pissed. Everything in that area has been fenced off with PAY parking lots. If you want to walk down to the river (wow exciting) you have to pay to park and hoof it down to the water. I'm still looking for a place to ride in that area this December and also a place to rent a quad or two. I should have left my trike in AZ where it belongs because riding in Virginia sucks. I'll post more pic's later when I get home from work.

:beer