PDA

View Full Version : This cant be good......

Somekindofjerk
10-21-2005, 11:37 PM
I think back now on putting the jug back on my 185's only to think that it shouldnt of been so hard to assemble. i used an aircraft style hose clamp as a ring compressore(tightened just enough to the point where it would slide down as needed. I had to put my full bodywheight into it to get the piston in. after geting everything to seat my camchain wont sit on the cam shaft and the piston wont move. yes i did lube the jug and piston with 30wheight oil.

Is this good?:confused: :mad:

Howdy
10-21-2005, 11:57 PM
You might have a oil ring that actually slipped out of the groove and wedged inbetween the piston and cylinder. Not good by any standards.

FYI, I don't think I have ever heard anyone having any luck using a hose clamp for a ring compressor.
Howdy

Somekindofjerk
10-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Its what it says to use in the clymer book(seemed like bull to me at first but hey, use what you got!) i think i may take the jug back off and see what the poop is going on. i really hoped this would go together better than this.

threewheelin-feelin
10-22-2005, 04:51 PM
isnt the jug tapered so you can slide it right down....and it will sqeeze the rings together on its own?

Huffa
10-22-2005, 05:21 PM
See, if you would have bought mine, I would have delivered it and helped you out on that and it never would of happened.

:twisted: I put a jinks on you ! :twisted: