PDA

View Full Version : frame and engine on craigslist - WHAT IS THIS?

thedeatons
10-20-2005, 08:35 PM
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/mcy/103197037.html

KASEY
10-20-2005, 09:03 PM
ITS a 110 motor and looks like a aftermaqrket frame,maybe bandito or iron horse,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D :D :D

thedeatons
10-20-2005, 09:13 PM
If anyone can confirm this I will pick it up!!! First dibs!!

MTS
10-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Yea looks like a 90 or 110 with a bandito frame...kinda hard to find, for 25 bucks id pick it up ASAP....

Vealmonkey
10-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Hey, That person had that listed on ebay and yes it is a bandito frame. I was interested, but he wouldn't ship and it is a long drive from baltimore md. I asked if he would just sell the frame seperately and he said no. I notice he has the front engine mount for a 110. The frame I have has the mount for an atc90. The atc90 and atc110 head mounts interchange with no problem, luckily. I'm finishing up a bandito frame now and it is pretty cool. You should have alot of fun with it, snatch it up. Now if we can just get somebody on this site to reproduce the bandito frame stickers, that would be cool, a sticker fits on the neck.

thedeatons
10-21-2005, 01:32 AM
I think I could use an official Bandito history lesson.... Anyone?

Vealmonkey
10-21-2005, 07:54 PM
I don't know too much the history of Johnson's atc/mini trucks, but they carried many types of frames from the mid 70's through the 1980's. The only info I've gathered is from old atc magazines. They had everything from disc brake kits and suspension front ends to hardtail and suspension frame kits. I believe they only offered weld on frame kits for most trikes. Only 1 or 2 companies I can think of had the bolt on kits for the 185's like I have. I believe they also offered frame kits for some streetbike engines. I know alot of frame makers offered kits for the yamaha r5, rd350 and rd400 2 stroke twin engines like I have. They also had kits for the cb 750 engines. I don't have any idea how many of these types of frames were made, because none of them ever seem to be numbered. I don't know of anyone who has a Johnson catalog with all their atc parts in it, but I am trying to get someone to copy a PK Racing catalog from 1978, that I think has alot of atc stuff in it, like the suspion atc70 frames. If you can find any Johnson catalogs or anything of the like, please post here and I will do like wise. I finally got my digital camera software working again, and I will try to get pictures of my 185s bolt on frame, weather permitting. I just need to figure out how to post pictures. Johnson's made the Bandito frames, almost forgot, sorry.