PDA

View Full Version : Here, you take a guess which way this should go.

Huffa
10-20-2005, 08:00 AM
87 Honda 125M

What a mess. :rolleyes:

1st of all I'm not even sure this belongs on this model. It came on it when I bought it. The headlight does bolt into guard just fine but as far as how the guard should be bent back, I'm stumped.

Looking at it from behind the wires from headlight come out underneath and yet the hole in plate for wires to run through is on the right. The guide for cables-wires doesn't line up with anything either yet the 4 posts that go into the "fork" assembly line up. There is also a threaded hole at bottom for something to screw into, almost like the proper headlight casing has a tang at bottom where bolt goes tyhru then screws into hole.

I'm almost positive this isn't the right one and quite sure it is trash with it being bent and tweaked so bad. Just curious what model it should go on and if anyone wants it and thinks they can straigten it, it's free.

Not even sure if there was a guard available for a 87 125M? Also, it's so tweaked I'm not sure how it should look untweaked? Anyone have the same one (not bent) I can compare it to?

Howdy
10-20-2005, 08:04 AM
I had a 87 125m that had the same headlight bracket / guard on it. I personally think it's a optional Hondaline guard ( my personal opinion ). If your still looking to get rid of it let me know the shipping cost to 45822. I think I can save it.
Howdy

Huffa
10-20-2005, 08:11 AM
But nothing (bottom left pic) lines up right? The wire guide hole, the bracket for cables -wires and the threaded hole which isn't used at all for this model.

That's why I say it must be for something else?

............and if I straigten the bottom, how unearth is the top supposed to go?

Waht a confusing twisted hunk of metal :lol:

TtownJoeShow
10-20-2005, 09:19 AM
i'm thinkin you're missing the rubber gromet thingys...2 on the bottom(3/4 in) 2 0n the top (1/2 in) and bend the top out some so that the beam goes straight through the opening in the bracket...if not, then i have no clue lol

350x'inNY
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Seems like Honda made a headlight relocation bracket when you put a front rack on some of those smaller ATC's....

Bruce

RichinMO
10-20-2005, 04:48 PM
you have everything in the right holes on the bottom left picture. but you need raise the headlight up about 4 inches it looks like. I think that guard took a serious hit straightdown on top of it.