PDA

View Full Version : 86r carb problems

wanta86r
10-19-2005, 11:20 PM
i recently added a vforce 2 reed cage, an esr pipe and silencer, and removed the airbox lid on my 86r. the motor otherwise is all stock along with the carb. im running a 165 main, 42 pilot, 2nd to top notch on needle, and about 2 1/2 out on the air screw . it runs ok, but bogs really bad when i try to snap it at idle. im familiar with the carb, but dont claim to be a jetting expert, please tell me what you think

MTS
10-20-2005, 01:30 AM
What colour is your plug ? if it is white, or real light colourd, try lowring the c clip on the needle and turning in the air screw in a half-1 half turns,,, should get better, if it gets worse start droping piolet jet size's 2 at a time.

Dammit!
10-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Turning the air screw in will make it richer which would probably make it worse. Loosening the air screw lets more air in. Leaner usually gives you better response off idle. The C clip might need to be adjust as well. Edit: I was tired last night. Raising the clip leans it by dropping the needle and vice versa.

TeamGeek6
10-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Too rich on transfer. hold it at that throttle opening where it bogs and watch the unburned fuel spew from the silencer.

The slow jet (42) affects both idle and main. I have about the same setup with a 132 main and 35 slow jet and 1/3 turn on air screw and there is no hesitation anywhere.

OldSchoolin86
10-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Too rich on transfer. hold it at that throttle opening where it bogs and watch the unburned fuel spew from the silencer.

The slow jet (42) affects both idle and main. I have about the same setup with a 132 main and 35 slow jet and 1/3 turn on air screw and there is no hesitation anywhere.
Just so everyone knows this advice should not be concidered for a normal trike. TG6 has extensive induction mods and listening to his advice will most likely make your machine run way too lean.