PDA

View Full Version : Roller Rocker Arms?

86200s
10-19-2005, 11:40 AM
I was wondering if anyone attempted to make some and if not why? I just might try to make some myself. If it was made how much of a difference would it make?

Racedude48
10-19-2005, 12:49 PM
If you were to do this you would have to get a bigger rocker cover because rollers are conciderably larger. But i dont think you will see any performance gains.

1984kxtTECATE
10-19-2005, 02:44 PM
As already stated is true, also you are going to need to find a better oiling system to get the oil up and in the fulcurm and roller itself, otherwise your are just going to go through bearings on the roller. The nascar guys usally use a external oiling system on this, they take a braided fuel line and tap it into the rocker cover, then install nozzle right by the the rocker to spray oil up on it. Im shure you could also make sme sort of baffle to fit it to to drain the oil down onto it. As far as performance you may see a small increase on the dyno, but chances are you arnt going to feel it. May rev out a little smotther and quicker. I guess the biggest avantage I could see to this is less ware on the the rockers themselves and valve tips.

TeamGeek6
10-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Waste of money. Not enough horsepower in a valvetrain like that to be worth the trouble. Rollers are used for sustained high RPM operation.