PDA

View Full Version : 200x not running

Racedude48
10-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Okay... my 200x doesnt run. Ive come to the conclusion that it needs some help. The valves are opening but i dont know if they are opening at the right time and the motor has like no compression. The motor is out ready to go to the honda shop but is there anything else i should check? Also on the rear caliper... Does the piston have to be turned back in or can i shove it back in with a c clamp? And is it okay to take the parking brake actuator off the caliper? If anyone has aim PLEASE IM me: Racedude48

Thanks,
Ed

brendan802
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Check your timing on your motor before you send it off to pay an arm and a leg for a shop to do work. As for the caliper you can use a large c-clamp and push it in it doesn't need to be turned. The ebrake arm can be taken off as long as your caliper is in good shape. If you take the ebrake arm off and it leaks that means one of your seals are gone and should be replaced. Check the forums for timing it is easy to find. Just do a search for timing and you'll find what you need.

Oldshell4481
10-18-2005, 10:32 PM
i have the very same problem let me know what you find out

Racedude48
10-19-2005, 06:24 AM
oky doky..... i dont know when im gonna get it to the cycle shop. I got some monetary issues. Well basically a lack of it, but it will be fixed by december.

Howdy
10-19-2005, 08:09 AM
oky doky..... i dont know when im gonna get it to the cycle shop. I got some monetary issues. Well basically a lack of it, but it will be fixed by december.

Timing is easy to check and or adjust yourself. Also by doing it yourself you will save money ( that you don't have ), and if this is your problem and you get it fixed on your own. You will gain some self confidence in doing more repairs in the future. The more you do yourself the more money you save. To me a dealer isn't much more than a place to buy a new machine or parts for my old one. ;)
Howdy

brendan802
10-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Timing is easy to check and or adjust yourself. Also by doing it yourself you will save money ( that you don't have ), and if this is your problem and you get it fixed on your own. You will gain some self confidence in doing more repairs in the future. The more you do yourself the more money you save. To me a dealer isn't much more than a place to buy a new machine or parts for my old one. ;)
Howdy
That is a very good way to put it Howdy. You have to start somewhere right????