PDA

View Full Version : finally got my 200x running!

83185s
10-17-2005, 12:24 PM
finally runs...brand new OEM headgasket, new stator coil, head was redone...o its a beast now..so much compression now too with that 12:1 ...whew...the first time i tried starting it nearly killed my leg...i ended up having to push it down the hill in 3rd...sucks..o and now my kicker return spring is broke or somethin...so i need a new one of those..but it runs lika champ!! :w00t:

Rm250RF900R
10-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Congrats lol. I bet she's a real beast now. Do you have to split the cases to get to the kick start return spring?

83185s
10-17-2005, 01:01 PM
i hope not...it hasnt affected its running yet but i dont think that its good to ride until its out cause i would think it would clog the oil thing or get stuck in a gear and really f somethin up..im hoping its just the clutch cover case that i gotta take off..it would be even beastier if i had an exhaust to put on it..all it has is the stock without the baffle and it aint good with the 12:1 ...it gets up and goes but still aint good...and i need to use some high octane gas...it runs on 87 but not the best..im fillin it with 93 and a bottle of octane booster..lol...itll go up to about 100 octane or maybe a little more

Rm250RF900R
10-17-2005, 01:39 PM
You can probably pick up a cheap dg pipe on ebay.

chris200x
10-17-2005, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't ride it yet. The end of the return spring broke off inside my 200x motor and chewed stuff up. The guy i bought it off never told me that btw. I'd look inside just to be sure. Honda make a kicker kit to repair them. I was told that if there is an X stamped in with the serial numbers on the motor that a replacement kit was already installed. and then it might just be the big round spring that broke. Either way you'll have some work to do.