PDA

View Full Version : Vintage trike racing

Aussieboy1
10-17-2005, 05:26 AM
You guys have vintage motorcross over in the states for 2 wheelers ( bikes 25 ys and older ) So that would make the first 250r's almost in that catagorie ?? Is it insurance thing that would stop this from happening ????

250r'en +TCB
10-17-2005, 06:01 AM
yep. Many times on riding areas they won't allow trikes because of the insurance companies.......So they sure as hell arn't going to let you in a motocross track! I don't know how the guys here arange trikefest, but most of the time you can't race trikes!

Derrick Adams
10-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Hahaha...LOL. Just need to check around a little. I'd do a search on outlaw MX tracks in your state and see what you come up with. Here in Ohio there's tons of places to race 3 wheelers. We even have our own class and a yearly points chase!

monster 84r
10-17-2005, 07:54 PM
id kill for a chance to try an mx, or flat track around me in az.

Aussieboy1
10-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Is there any organised races around the time of trikefest 06. I will be there for about 4 weeks next June for trikefest and any other type of racing..

69HemiGTX
10-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey Derrick, is that Tim Sr. behind you? ;)

trikes=fun
10-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Hahaha...LOL. Just need to check around a little. I'd do a search on outlaw MX tracks in your state and see what you come up with. Here in Ohio there's tons of places to race 3 wheelers. We even have our own class and a yearly points chase!
thats awesome you guys down there are lucky.California probaly to strict about these kind of things.

Howdy
10-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Hey Derrick, is that Tim Sr. behind you? ;)

Yes, That is TimSR. I may be wrong but I would say behind him ( TimSr ) is FlyingBrian.
Howdy

Derrick Adams
10-18-2005, 11:17 AM
LOL... No that's Andrew behind Tim. The only time i've ever had Brian behind me was when he crashed.

trikes=fun, check out (mywifeknowseverything)'s posts on racing in California. There are tracks to race!!!

OldSchoolin86
10-18-2005, 11:47 AM
I think you guys in that group are pretty lucky, real trike racing is very rare for the rest of the country.

Derrick Adams
10-18-2005, 05:25 PM
I think it's not so much the laack of availability, but the lack of participants really. If you look around I bet you could find tracks that will support you. Finding competitors that are willing to come out with you is a different story.

Ask TimSr. It took him years of racing by himself before we all came along. Now Trike racing is alive and thriving in Ohio!

Derrick Adams
10-18-2005, 05:42 PM
oldschoolin86, check this site to find tracks in your state to race at!

http://www.wisconsinmx.com/

cchap45
10-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Three wheeler racing! I never thought I would see that again! Nineteen years ago I had to add a wheel, now I can loose one again? I need a good R!

deathman53
10-18-2005, 09:02 PM
yeah, its lack of interst, there is a race series by me that allows trikes(I was the onl to ask about trikes), I posted it here, nobody showed up, mybike wasn't done, but I'll make it to the next one. I tried last year to get together a ride at rausch creek in Pa, well same story(it rained the first and I tired to get a second together). I'll be at the next race in that series with my trike, I'm hoping I won't be the only one, so guys please make a effect to show up to ride or chear me on

http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/AGPSchedule.html

OldSchoolin86
10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
oldschoolin86, check this site to find tracks in your state to race at!

http://www.wisconsinmx.com/
Already checked before I replied the first time, there's no tracks in this area that will let trikes on for comp.