PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help Guys

YTM200BOY
10-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi guys i just bought a fuel fitler for my 83 ytm200 ek could this solve a overfolwing carb. Is it possible that it will stop pieces of dirty and crap and will cure the overflow problem? :( AKA would dirt pieces and stuff clog the carb and make it over flow therefore when i put this filter on it wont overflow anymore? thanks

firefirefire90
10-15-2005, 09:51 PM
A fuel filter always helps with making sure stuff isnt in your carb. Buy one and for your overflow problem check the float, it might be stuck. I had the same prob on my 200x, Gasoline all over the floor the next morning. Another thing to help overflow, turn off your petcock when * leave ** trike! :lol: :lol:
I learned the hard way :D

Howdy
10-15-2005, 09:52 PM
It may help stop future overflow problems, but without cleaning and inspecting the carb for bad parts it won't help.
Steps to take:
1st Clean / repair the carb
2nd Install the fuel filter and connect the line to the carb.

Howdy

monster 84r
10-16-2005, 12:52 AM
ytm boy, dont be afraid to tear your carb apart. i know how you feel, i was hesitant to rebuild my carb. but i studied so many diagrams and schematics of it that i knew the parts like the back of my hand. if you dont wanna rip it open, then drain the gas from the bowl, spray carb cleaner or compressed air up into it to unclog it.

if it still gives you problems, open her up. if you get stuck, pm me, id be glad to help.

bigredhead
10-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Do yourself a favor and read up on the subject before you open it up.

Not rocket science.. but like anything else .. you have to be careful, and there are details to know

MARK your air/fuel location and count the turns.. etc.

so a search for " chris200x carb" there is a 10 page thread with more info than a clymer.

bigredhead
10-16-2005, 01:04 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=39134&page=1&highlight=carb

here you go

Rm250RF900R
10-16-2005, 10:15 AM
That was some awesome reading. Hilarious too. I can't believe after all that work, and time, you actually sold your 200x chris :lol: