PDA

View Full Version : BikeBandit Order came for 86 Z--Slightly irritated!!

Orangecnty250r
10-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Ok this is a heads up on the Bike bandit site.

I'll be positive first, The order came in a timely fashion, it was packaged very nicely and came with a very easy to read invoice with a nice description of each part with the real corresponding YAMAHA part #

The Problem :mad:

I ordered a new sprocket hub. I figured since I have alot of NOS/OEM for the 86 tri Z I'd drop the bucks to make it even more special. The website showed one in stock but they dont use or show actual Yamaha part numbers on their site. Their is no Phone # to call to verify parts. I ordered it

As You can see they sent me a superceded part probably off a banshee or blaster that will work but doesnt look anything like the original and is worthless to me....The damage 79.00 plus 15.00 bucks in studs for it. To make matters worse when I got it I tore open the package.(was very excited)...Reading their return policy it states package must be in original condition "NO tears" plus all orders subject to a 20% restocking fee. This package can be stapled nicely

I am not hapy to say the least. Since I cant call I will email them sending this picture and explaining the disadvantage I'm at of not having a live customer service rep to talk to and not using original part #s on their site.

I hope they let me return it with no restocking fee.

The lesson.....Email and double check the parts are Orginal for that year and state you dont want parts that supercede .....so you have a paper trail. Also carefully check all items before tearing open a package.

This is after going through a runaround last week with returning a part that I had called to cancel at Service Honda and the staff didnt input the request in the computer..... Long story but I felt I wasnt treated right after spending over 3000.00 with them in the past year.

Hopefully Bikebandit will make good.I'll keep you informed of there customer service

Solid Snake
10-15-2005, 07:17 PM
I've ordered through bikebandit, no problems although I'm not looking to keep everything in OEM condition on my 200x, I'm just trying to keep it in solid working order. I guess I can understand your situation with trying to keep everything OEM. My experience with their customer service is decent, when a part I ordered was on backorder they informed me through email and then again informed me when the order shipped out. Just my 2 cents.

88 Turbo Coupe
10-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Doesn't that suck when you open up a package expecting to see what you ordered and it's not

Huffa
10-15-2005, 08:55 PM
One thing that I don't quite get though is how did you not see thru a clear package that it was not the right one :wondering

That no tears policy is bull though, I mean all it is, is a plastic bag :rolleyes:

I do admit though that I always cut my bags with a sissors up as high as possible in case I run in to some type of problem.

Oldshell4481
10-15-2005, 09:00 PM
i wouldnt be upset with aftermarket looking hubs, i personally think those hubs are better looking than originals.

Orangecnty250r
10-15-2005, 09:02 PM
One thing that I don't quite get though is how did you not see thru a clear package that it was not the right one :wondering

I hadnt looked at the original parts in over a month so I forgot exactly what it looked like and I assummed it was right. Through the plastic and label I saw fresh gold zinc and that it was a hub so I went for it :(

bigredhead
10-15-2005, 09:05 PM
i wouldnt be upset with aftermarket looking hubs, i personally think those hubs are better looking than originals.

Same here.

But that's me.. if you are going for the resto look then those will surely stand out....

But heck... i like the star pattern better personally !

twgranger
10-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah they sent you a banshee hub. Im running the same thing on my Z.

Huffa
10-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Same here.

But that's me.. if you are going for the resto look then those will surely stand out....

But heck... i like the star pattern better personally !

Yea, if you want the original look then go for it but I'll be #3 that likes the "wrong" one more, a lot more.

Maybe you'll have 2nd thoughts now?

Orangecnty250r
10-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Yea, if you want the original look then go for it but I'll be #3 that likes the "wrong" one more, a lot more.

Maybe you'll have 2nd thoughts now?

Naah, I am the NOS OEM man, I agree its a nice part but every time I'll look at it I'll see a bashee not an 86 Tri Z... I really do try to match everything to the OEM showroom floor look when I do a three wheeler over even if it looks different or maybe not as trendy....I know its seems crazy :crazy:.

DeePa
10-15-2005, 10:25 PM
make a new bag for it and put the sticker on the new bag haha...
good luck with them

ScottZJ
10-16-2005, 10:05 AM
I personally wouldnt buy from them at all. One reason is they dont tell you what is available or not. So when you expect to get a large amount of things, you might only get one item. So the shipping cost is too high just to get one item. And like stated, I dont care for a place that has no contact info or they are not willing to work with the customer at all.............peace

OldSchoolin86
10-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Naah, I am the NOS OEM man, I agree its a nice part but every time I'll look at it I'll see a bashee not an 86 Tri Z... I really do try to match everything to the OEM showroom floor look when I do a three wheeler over even if it looks different or maybe not as trendy....I know its seems crazy :crazy:.
There's a big difference between a new replacement part and a NOS OEM one. I feel your pain 100%. :(

Darius1502
10-16-2005, 11:36 AM
I suggest you merely have the original sand blasted and painted gold. You won't know the difference and it will look better than the OEM color.