PDA

View Full Version : Beware This Thread Is Blue!!!!!!

petesatc
10-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Hey Guys
this is my just finished 1983 blue 110.....it taken years to find all the blue parts which include...NOS rear plastics,NOS trunk lid,NOS headlight case,Mint front fender and just found mint fuel tank:) i've even found some original ohstu tires....and a NOS speedo kit just for good measure.......all it needs is a blue fairing and it be done.....anyone got one????
what do you guys think????

jeswinehart
10-15-2005, 06:23 AM
Very nice work Pete !
I will get a picture of my neighbors blue 110 this weekend and post for you took look at. He bought it new and it has been rode alot but still looks okay.
Don't get me wrong ,,, it is certanly nothing to compare to your restro !

john

slothminx
10-15-2005, 06:27 AM
:eek: :eek: :beer it seems like every week another trike pops up that you have restored. Cant wait to come see the collection ;)

Will

petesatc
10-15-2005, 06:30 AM
Very nice work Pete !
I will get a picture of my neighbors blue 110 this weekend and post for you took look at. He bought it new and it has been rode alot but still looks okay.
Don't get me wrong ,,, it is certanly nothing to compare to your restro !

john
hey John that would be great.....is it a 83 or 84???

jeswinehart
10-15-2005, 06:53 AM
I really don't know what year it is Pete. I asked Gary how he ended up getting the blue modle and he said when he went into our locale dealer shio way back when to buy something for his daughters to play on they had many a red 3 wheeler and 1 blue one. Gary askd why it was blue and was told it was just a thing that honda was trying ,,, so he took the blue modle.

john

twgranger
10-15-2005, 07:12 AM
You did a excellent job on it.

Aussieduner
10-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Nice job Pete !

Cheers
Aussie

350x'inNY
10-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Pete....

Nice man! Hopefully that Blue Fairing Part number I sent you will aid your search! OR ... Wonder if that guy in Aussie can make a mold of the center part of the fairing and match the color? Aussiedunner... that's you right? I know where there's a 110 fairing mounting kit... ;)

Bruce

Huffa
10-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Nice Pete, real nice!

Just wonder how much the blue ups the value as it is quite rare. I know I wouldn't take less then a 1000 for it. You figure a real nice red one goes for 6-800 so a 1000 might still be too cheap?

What other blue ATC's did Honda make or is that the only model? In that blue I'm talking about and not the baby blue of the US 90's I think.

Rm250RF900R
10-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Looks excellent. I like the blue 110's. Too many red ones around.

Maine_Triker
10-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Pete....

Nice man! Hopefully that Blue Fairing Part number I sent you will aid your search! OR ... Wonder if that guy in Aussie can make a mold of the center part of the fairing and match the color? Aussiedunner... that's you right? I know where there's a 110 fairing mounting kit... ;)

Bruce
Where?? :wondering :wondering LOL

Pete, man, that is some seriously nice blue 110 you got there... hope you do find a blue fairing for her.

Vealmonkey
10-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey Huffa, Honda made a blue atc70, but they were a Christmas giveaway and were never offered for sale. I heard they only offered one per dealership, and if I remember right it was the same year as the 110, 1984. I've got a blue atc70 and I've never seen NOS fenders. All I've seen are the Dr. Atv maier blue fenders, and they are not quite the same blue as original fenders. In the links section, they have a brochure for the Christmas giveaway atc70s'.

Vealmonkey
10-15-2005, 10:35 AM
petesatc, that is the nicest blue 110 that I have ever seen. I remember seeing one on the showroom floor. Did you buy extra blue parts to build a second one? Is there any kind of markings on the vin number that show it is blue? Did you ever come across any of the blue atc70 parts? What a really unique Honda trike to have. When are you building a blue atc70?

petesatc
10-15-2005, 10:37 AM
thanks guys :D :D i'm happy how she has turned out as well.... :D :D forgot to say it's the only blue one in the UK as honda only sold them in the States......another first :beer

petesatc
10-15-2005, 11:12 AM
petesatc, that is the nicest blue 110 that I have ever seen. I remember seeing one on the showroom floor. Did you buy extra blue parts to build a second one? Is there any kind of markings on the vin number that show it is blue? Did you ever come across any of the blue atc70 parts? What a really unique Honda trike to have. When are you building a blue atc70?
thanks veal :D
i have got some blue plastics left over(everthing but the rear fenders)...
nope the vin won't match up as i used a red one as a donor...(no blues here)
i did come accross some blue 70 parts also did see some on ebay.....if i can find a nice blue 70 rear fender i would do again....... :D :D :D

YAMAHA_Jim
10-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Wow, Nice trike! You did a nice job restoring that.I've never seen a blue one before.

thedeatons
10-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Very nice and excellent researching. My only question is why you didn't do a complete frame off and have the engine painted/detailed also?? It's getting way hard to find the NOS stuff, especially plastics, so I can really appreciate what you've done. A quick question though... Where did you find the NOS Ohtsus and are they the 22x11x8s? I looked for these quite a bit but had no luck. Let me know. Thanks, James

Blown 331
10-15-2005, 11:59 AM
That thing is awesome. Beleive it or not there is a blue one on ebay right now!

petesatc
10-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Very nice and excellent researching. My only question is why you didn't do a complete frame off and have the engine painted/detailed also?? It's getting way hard to find the NOS stuff, especially plastics, so I can really appreciate what you've done. A quick question though... Where did you find the NOS Ohtsus and are they the 22x11x8s? I looked for these quite a bit but had no luck. Let me know. Thanks, James
hey James
thanks....the only reason i did'nt do the frame is because i have a NOS frame coming from the States.....shipping has taken 3 months so far.....so soon as it turns up i'll swop everthing over should'nt take to long....and i just could'nt wait any more to see what it looked like:D
as for the tires got them on ebay...took a year to find some ...one at a time....i did try and get some from servicehonda but when they turned up they where the later chevron patttern which i will use on the 87 125m when i get round to it..... :D :D :D

Orangecnty250r
10-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Very Impressive :beer . Love the blue!!! Its really nice to see years of parts searching pay off in a BIG way (Betcha cant wait for that frame to arrive)

petesatc
10-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Very Impressive :beer . Love the blue!!! Its really nice to see years of parts searching pay off in a BIG way (Betcha cant wait for that frame to arrive)
thanks bro.....
hopefully should get the frame next week barring UK customs :crazy: also got a stash of rare NOS parts with the frame in a crate...hopefully it's going to be christmas next week :D :D :D :D :D :D :beer

thedeatons
10-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Let me know if you end up with any 185S parts you don't need in there... I know what you mean about the Chevron tires, the Pro Am II's. I have them now for my restoration. They were the only ones available... Good to hear about the frame, I know what you mean about being impatient... James

ATCwithdrawals
10-15-2005, 06:21 PM
very nice restoration on the "Blue 110" Peteatc, Did you repaint the front forks?? my blue one had a front rack and it loosend up and rubbed the paint off the front forks before I got it. here's a pic of mine.

petesatc
10-15-2005, 06:31 PM
very nice restoration on the "Blue 110" Peteatc, Did you repaint the front forks?? my blue one had a front rack and it loosend up and rubbed the paint off the front forks before I got it. here's a pic of mine.
thanks..yours looks mint as well:)..i managed to find some nice front forks .....had a nightmare finding some paint (pb122) but got something close...just waiting on it now.......

ATCwithdrawals
10-15-2005, 07:07 PM
These blue 110 seemed to be one of the hardest ones to find and to get plastic for. I've been contemplating on repainting the fr forks on my 110[if I do it will be single stage eurethane}

wolfspider
10-17-2005, 12:55 PM
looking awesome pete, very nice job on a super rare atc!!!! :w00t: :beer

Vealmonkey
10-17-2005, 09:59 PM
I've got a blue atc70. It has messed up front and rear fenders. Did you find any NOS blue atc70 parts? If you find some and want to pass them along, let me know. I have a set of the blue Maier fenders and they just aren't the right shade of blue.

jeswinehart
10-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi Pete. I strolled over to my neighbors Sunday and asked if I could snap a few pics of his trike. He gave it to his grandson Evan ( really neat 12 year old ). I have watched Evan grow up riding "gramps" trike so I thought it was just the greatest thing to happen.
Anyway ,,, Gary said he thought the trike was due for new rings and just a genral going thru this winter and asked if I'd do the work - Heck yeah !
Gary lives right next door to me and he has strolled into my garage on many a time to see what I was tinkering with ,,, we have known each other since 75.
So it is gonna be awhile till I get those pics but they will be forthcoming a little later into winter ( in my garage ).

john

trikes=fun
10-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Very nice blue 110 never seen one before besides on allterraincycles.ca looks in nice shape (good job)