PDA

View Full Version : 125 M guys or who ever is interested - check out my find.

Huffa
10-14-2005, 10:54 PM
I 1st eyed it about a week and a 1/2 ago. Picked it up this evening.

Every single mechanical thing works. The electric start is way too weak to start it, so it needs a recharge or a new battery. Pull starting it, it starts 1st pull every single time! The best starting 4 stroke ATC I ever had!

1st I ever bought too that the air filter was brand new and the oil was fresh!

Things it needs.

1) handlebar control switch - everything does work on it but is busted and someone epoxied it
2) Baffle for muffler
3) LS wheel - you can't really see it but it is ovaled quite a bit, too much for me anyway
4) rear tires rotated the right way
5) head light, yes, the headlight rotated the right way and bracket needs to be straighten out, quite a bit!
6) rear rack bent a bit and can be straightened with out too much trouble. I love how it just rotates backwards by unscrewing two knobs to remove the seat-fender section. I guess all racks are that way?
7) front tire pretty soon
7.5) small tear need repair in middle of seat and seam needs restitching at front
8) numerous parts painted, maybe even powder coated by our well known edog! ...........the rear rack for sure to be PC'ed.

I think thats about it........ OOOOPS, the tank is rusted real bad inside. Now I can finally try that redcoat stuff a few swear by. I always used Kreem but the redcoat sounds easier to use and supposedly is more durable.

Price for this gem - $350 :beer

He has a 84 125M that he is saving for me also that is better then I expected for 275! The whole motor should be taken off though and have the 1/2 fast silver paint taken off. Terrible, terrible job and then to top it off it's green under the silver! :crazy: I mention this 125 because if someone else wants it, it yours! I won't be ready for it till spring. Front end was covered but from what i could see it didn't look too bad. 1/2 fast red paint job on tank too, right over the decals :rolleyes: For 275, waht do you want though. :lol:

I also eyed hanging up side down on ceiling a old bicycle. The guy had it from new and it's really nice with just a light coat of surface rust that will all come off. The age of this sears cruiser is approx 50 years old. Imagine what that is worth! He has a nice original 79 mini trail 50 for 400 also. It's pretty nice.

thefox
10-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Looks great Huffa! Boy, that headlight gaurd and rack are really bent up. Looks like you got a deal on this one.

Huffa
10-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Looks great Huffa! Boy, that headlight gaurd and rack are really bent up. Looks like you got a deal on this one.

So bent I though for a few minutes it was up side down too or from another model but no, it is that bent. the rack should bend back to almost perfect or darn close. One of those deals where the picture makes it look worse then it really is. The hitch is over to one side also because a bolt is missing.

Yea, I'm REAL satisfied with the deal! :beer

Hey, get back to your studies now :lol:

Mike_Ham_250R
10-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Good job!, Hey I decided to start me a reselling biz of my own, im going to a swap meet tomorrow (sat) and if i dont find anything there im hammering out a deal with a big red 200e project so ill have somethin to do in the winter. Congratz. ttyl

Dammit!
10-14-2005, 11:20 PM
It's called Red Kote, just FYI.

dreadhed
10-15-2005, 12:01 AM
I have a 125m. It is the most dependable thing I have. Runs like it's new. Nice find.

85hondaatc125m
10-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Well i got an 1985 Honda Atc 125m just like that and it was in good shape just needed about 100$ worth of parts and i bought it for 500$ so it is a 600$ trike. I like your headlight guard your rear rack and your seat though, i dont have that. Good find though Well i have seat but ut not blue.

Huffa
10-15-2005, 02:14 AM
Well i got an 1985 Honda Atc 125m just like that and it was in good shape just needed about 100$ worth of parts and i bought it for 500$ so it is a 600$ trike. I like your headlight guard your rear rack and your seat though, i dont have that. Good find though Well i have seat but ut not blue.

Your 85 is not the same as the 6 or 7. About the only thing the same is the wheels, tires, hand levers and a few other small items. I had a 85 too at one time. Darn nice machines but the 6&7 for an adult are even nicer as they are stretched out more. A smaller kid might like the 4&5 better, fit wise.

Here are all the 125's.
http://www.atcheaven.com/Model_ids_p2.htm

Huffa
10-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Good job!, Hey I decided to start me a reselling biz of my own, im going to a swap meet tomorrow (sat) and if i dont find anything there im hammering out a deal with a big red 200e project so ill have somethin to do in the winter. Congratz. ttyl

Well if you do that 200E, keep me in mind for parts. I didn't forget that you helped me out with the SX headlight guard so now maybe I can return something to you because I have a 200E BR also that is just a parts trike.

Rm250RF900R
10-15-2005, 08:20 AM
Nice find. Those little trikes would be a blast in my woods. I bet they would be great for making trails. Someday i'll have a collection and a 125m will definatly be in it.

42F67N
10-15-2005, 08:33 AM
I love my 84 125m thing is tough and can take on some mud best thing about it fires over with 1 hit of the electric start ever time,alltough it has recently devolped a tranny problem"pops outta gear" i still ride it untill i can fix it.

nice find on the trike

Howdy
10-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Nice 87 125m. It sure don't look like it will take much to make it look new.
Howdy

Huffa
10-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Nice 87 125m. It sure don't look like it will take much to make it look new.
Howdy

No, it shouldn't. I imagined it as being a little worse actually because I saw it in the dark, only with a flash light. Always nice when you imagine a trike a little worse then it is then the other way around when you go to pick it up.

It also needs a bottom engine skid plate too as there is none on.

Hmmmm, it doesn't appear it comes with one. :cry:
http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/assets/schematics/Honda/H00800050.gif

#4 is the rear skid plate.

Going to have to have someone make one then eventually.

Meat-BoX
10-15-2005, 10:05 AM
87 125 m :drool:

Man its a hot little sexy trike. :beer

Huffa
10-15-2005, 11:14 AM
I think so too MB. At first I thought that icon you put there was a puke guy and wondered why you put him :lol:

I just 1st drove it 10 minutes ago in yard for a bit, it runs just perfect, PERFECT!