PDA

View Full Version : So I own a Problem Child

BradP
10-12-2005, 10:09 PM
So I bought a complete piece of crap 200X but I had it rebuilt and now i'm trying to get it running. It seems like i can get fuel to the carb because the bowl is full but it doesn't seem to go into the cylinder. I have another intake and head if that may help in some way. I'm terribly sorry if this is a stupid question but I could really use some help. Thanks for the help. :cry:

Tri-ZNate
10-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Are your jets cleaned? If gas isnt getting to the cyclinder thats what I'd check. Did you look at the plug to see if it is wet with gas?

Yamahauler
10-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Make sure you are getting spark as well.

BradP
10-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm getting spark, the plugs not wet, How hard is it to rebuild a carb? Thanks for everything so far.

Yamahauler
10-12-2005, 10:44 PM
I've never had to rebuild a carb before but taken them apart many times. In a rebuild kit, it just has new parts i believe, like needle and seat, floats, gasket, etc. You just put them in and your good. It is easy to tear it apart and put it together after doing it the first time. When first taking the carb apart, go slow, and remember everything you do and how it goes back together.

Tri-ZNate
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
you may not even need to rebuild it (unless you want to pay $25 to make sure). Pull the carb off and turn it so the bottom is facing you. here is a link that will help. Once you rip into the carb almost everything will be the same. http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=41281 <----------- this is my step by step process, you wont fail :)

85hondaatc125m
10-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Im 13 and I have took apart my carb and put it back together just cleaning it up and it wasnt that hard, i needed a little help but it helps alot to draw a diagram.

IrvSLedman
10-12-2005, 11:23 PM
I have had plenty of probs with carbs lol, there not to hard to remedy

Solid Snake
10-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Easy, if it's your first time to take a carb apart then get on bikebandit.com or powersportspro.com and look up your machine under OEM parts for an exploded diagram of the carb.

shawn3169
10-12-2005, 11:32 PM
if the bowls full and the gas is on shouldn't gas be flowing out the overflow lines?

hrc85250r
10-13-2005, 12:27 AM
make sure you float arm is set to the right height....(the little tab that holds the needle for the needle and seat) it may be set so that the needle and seat always has the gas shut off after the float bowl fills to a certain level that isnt enough to reach the jets.....

Rex Karz
10-13-2005, 01:35 AM
if the bowls full and the gas is on shouldn't gas be flowing out the overflow lines?
No, not if the float is working properly. I'm assuming by full, He means to the proper operating level.

trikes4life
10-13-2005, 10:35 AM
CArbs are the easiest thing to rebuid.

86250RZ
10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
There is an easy way to find out if fuel flow is the problem, just remove the spark plug and pour a small amount of fuel (about a coke cap full)strait into the cylinder and reinstall the plug. If she fires up then there is no dought thats your problem.

bigredhead
10-13-2005, 02:03 PM
There is an easy way to find out if fuel flow is the problem, just remove the spark plug and pour a small amount of fuel (about a coke cap full)strait into the cylinder and reinstall the plug. If she fires up then there is no dought thats your problem.

The truth he speaks !! wise man he is mmmm.. :lol:

Rm250RF900R
10-13-2005, 02:16 PM
I would just go out and buy a rebuild kit anyways. The trike is old. The jets could be all corroded. Take it apart and see what condition its in. If it looks bad, just get a rebuild kit. Carbs are really easy to rebuild and to take apart. Just make sure you don't lose any of the small parts. Might want a diagram like the others said if it's your first time taking one apart. Make sure you have some good carb cleaner. I like the stuff that GUNK makes.

ebecme01
10-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Also you could spray carb cleaner or starting fluid on the air filter element or in the carb (while holding full throttle) its should fire assuming the timing is set correctly. Have you checked for compression? A generic way to test it is to remove the spark plug and put your thumb over the spark plug hole while pulling or kicking the engine over. It should blow your thumb right off when the compression stroke hits. If its weak, since its a new rebuild, try squirting just a little oil in the cylinder to help it seat. You should have all the bases covered then. Spark, Compression and Fuel. Good Luck