PDA

View Full Version : FYI on Tecate bearings

ATCWRENCH
10-12-2005, 09:50 AM
I dont know if any one else knows or even cares but have you ever been looking for a bearing for your trike and find one, then pay an arm and a leg for it only to find out you could've had it way cheaper finding out its the same bearing in a different part of the bike.

well my Tecate friends will like this I hope, if you are ever looking for a bearing for the rocker arm on the suspension linkage and cannot find one anywhere, get an all balls bearing kit for the swing arm. the seals, bearings, and collars are all the same.

I did a OEM parts # match and all those pieces are the same. you can get the kit with shipping totaled for about $50. way cheaper than going to the dealer and getting your parts seperatly.

$180.80 is about what you would spend if you got it all from the dealer. the only thing that you might have to get from the dealer that is not in the kit is the outside thrust washers on the rocker arm pivot. so you save yourself about 80 bucks buying 2 kits(one for the swinger and one for the rocker arm) and you get 2 extra seals incase one goes out but the bearing is still good