PDA

View Full Version : 200es and Mud Lites

kingedie
10-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Has anyone here put the mudlites on thier trike? If so how did it run and did you go back with the manufacturer tire size specs?

wheelie king
10-11-2005, 07:21 PM
I have them on the rear of my 2wd quad (sig) . Went from stock 22s to 24s. Nothing is better in mud and I hear they are great in snow as well. I do not have them on a trike, but Edog has them on his ytm 225, and I hear he loves them.

edog
10-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Yes ,they are very good tires.You will not be dissapointed. :w00t:

Live4today
10-13-2005, 01:40 AM
I just picked a set of 22's up for the rear of my warrior. Was thinking about going with 24's, but don't want to have to worry about anying rubbing between tires/fenders. Getting them mounted hopefully tomorrow. God I hate being lazy.

edog
10-13-2005, 08:17 AM
They had to inflate mine to 60 psi to get the tire to seat to the rim.Don't forget to have them put on bead sealer.

foster
10-13-2005, 11:22 AM
They had to inflate mine to 60 psi to get the tire to seat to the rim.Don't forget to have them put on bead sealer.
Put them on my 185s and had the exact same experience, edog.
Glad to hear I'm not alone, at least.
But that was a minor problem. One wouldn't hold its bead without sealer.
That's all fixed now and I'm good to go. Haven't yet tested them in the snow but I'm happy with them in muck.
One odd thing I noticed (and maybe this is just me) but I found my old knobby tires would hook up in the muck at the same time, ie, both tires would grip or slip in unison.
With the Mudlites, it seems to me one tire will grip, or slip, independent of the other, which can pitch you sidways a bit if you are not paying attention. Yes I know the wheels do not turn independently of each other. I'm just tyring to describe the sensation I get with these rubbers in deep muck.
Cheers
PS I would buy them again in a flash. Very happy with them.

bigredhead
10-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey Foster !!!! How's that shoulder comming along ? all healed up ? riding yet ?

I have the bear claws on my SX.. HEAVY and stiff... but man they grab !! now that they are a bit worn i like them more !! i can finally do donuts !

Mud-Lites on a non-suspension frame will be a bit rough... but good for muck.

foster
10-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Hiya BRH!
Yeah, I've been in hiding for the past few weeks, in despair because I was so long in healing, but I'm all healed up now, finally. Good to talk to the good folks on this board again, like yerself.
Went out for my first ride since the mid-July injury, just last weekend, and did 385 kms in two days!!!
I think I'm healed! :lol: Hardly any pain at all. However I was riding a borrowed Kawi 650, so that made a difference, for sure. I sure was a long time healing up, missed the whole summer of riding pretty much, but the docs say that's a normal healing time for "a man my age" who suffers a broken collarbone that bad. Whatever THAT is supposed to mean! The doctor told me to keep on riding because they needed more organ donors! "We call those things donor motors," he said. LOL The break has healed however it's still far, far out of place and I got me a big lump on my left shoulder, LOL. War wounds, lol!

You are right, the Mudlites on a non-suspended trike are quite rough indeed. I now wear one of those hunters' cushions that hang off my belt and slip under my rear-end for added padding. Doesn't help much but it helps a little and it keeps my butt warm too. I also underinflate the tires a bit, which also helps.
But no matter what you do, they are a rough ride on my particular tricycle, that's for sure. It's actually the only aspect of those tires that would make me consider not getting them again -- I often have a sore back after riding, but then again I have a chronic sore back.
IMHO, their power in mud and deep water is the key to why I like them, a factor that outweighs the rough ride.