PDA

View Full Version : ran atc engine on "stand"

gasoline and whiskey
10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
someone may get a kick out of this,
I have a spare 185 ATC engine I have been putting together from ebay parts,
I'm using this for a custom project. wanted to make sure it's running
so I made a homemade engine stand out of 2x4's , installed the electrical system on a pice of angle iron gounded to the motor, and used a funnel taped to a stick above the carb for fuel. I put an exaust system on it (leaning up on box) for the sake of my neighbors hearing ...and in about 10 pulls it started!
kept it running for about a minute, I had the thumb throttle attached so was able to rev her up abit ........ sounds good. ( I am always amazed at how tough these old honda engines are. )

-BTW if you try this be aware that they vibrate quite a bit without the ATC attached, really had to hang on to keep it from heading down the driveway.

thefox
10-10-2005, 01:43 PM
hahaha nice. The last engine I sold I hooked up the electrical to and started it up on the garage floor with just enough gas to hear it fun for a few seconds. I pulled it while my brother held it down. :lol:

chris200x
10-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Nice! :lol: I think you may be a redneck! :crazy:

brapp
10-10-2005, 02:12 PM
lol ever pour gas intot he intake of a twin 2 stroek sled motor with no carb on it at all! if you havent done it, dont, it will rev way beyont it was ever ment to.lol till it runs out of gas and if your lucky it didnt blow up. lol i did it to a yz250 once and ti threw a rod trough the cases. lol

85hondaatc125m
10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I think that should go under the The most " Red-Neck " Thing you've done to a trike because that is a pretty redneck thing. lol

gasoline and whiskey
10-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah It is kinda ............. :lol:
I was born, raised and live in So. California, and somehow I seem to have some Red Neck in me, hell dont we all?
.....after all this is 3 wheeler world forum!
Cheers to the Redneck in all of us!!!! :beer

Enigma
10-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Lakeside in So. Cal is 100% redneck. We host one hell of a rodeo. I do belive it is a big one people come from all around to ride in it.

New2ATC
10-10-2005, 03:53 PM
KI did that with a 11HP honda.. But never a triek engine. I also used a headlight wirew for a sparkplug wire on my 125M becasue the old wire went bad.