PDA

View Full Version : 250sx rear brake problem

ChrisG
10-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I am trying to reinstall new pads on the rear. It seems that the hub is hitting the pads and will not allow me to push the hub on. When I take the pads off the hub slides in fine. Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong. Here are two shots of the new pads and how far the hub will go on before catching on the pads.

Tri-ZNate
10-09-2005, 11:24 AM
the hub wont slid on with out taking a rubber hammer and tapping around the drum. Also made sure the brake tightener/tensioner, with the wing nut on it, is loosened all the way. That may help it go on too.

dirtface
10-09-2005, 11:30 AM
The last ones I put on were very snug too, I had to tap the drum on with a hammer too. By the way, nice jack stand. LOL!!!

Howdy
10-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Did you clean everything up real good before installing the brake shoes? I use a power wire brush here, I clean the drum, mounts, backing, ect. I can't ever remember having the problem your having.
Thanks
Howdy

Tri-ZNate
10-09-2005, 11:47 AM
I can't ever remember having the problem your having.

really? out of my 4 or 5 i've owned i've never had a drum go on without some tapping.

ChrisG
10-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Got it on there now. Thanks

straight pipe
10-09-2005, 10:25 PM
sometimes if you look at the drum where the pad contacts you can feel a ridge, that was probably your problem but you have it on mow so i guess it doesn't matter. but when you change them next , by the way it will be sooner than you think, check for that ridge and if it's there take some 100 gtit sand paper and sand it down smooth.