PDA

View Full Version : ? about 200s timing and backfiring

RichinMO
10-08-2005, 11:14 PM
went to ride my 200s today and it wouldn't idle, just dies. It's always been kinda screwed up. I rebuilt the carb and replaced the carb to cylinder intake tract thinking airleak, but that didn't help. Today it was backfiring really bad too, so I checked the timing since the screws had been out before I bought it. Is it supposed to be timed to the F or the T mark on the flywheel? I guessed the F since my manual was at home and the trike is at my Dad's house.
Also it has this wierd miss, it will idle and then pop back through the carb and then the idle speed will change, sometimes it will die. I've tried adjusting the air screw. Is that a bad valve or what? I adjusted the valves when I got it, and the cam chain a couple of times. I just want to make sure it isn't something simple before I take the top end off.

DeePa
10-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Youre supposed to use the T mark to time the cam, not the F. If you have AIM, let me know, and ill send you the manual in pdf format.

lowridin247
07-07-2008, 08:01 PM
i'm having the same problems with my 200 m... back firing at idle and when u rev it up a bit.. need help...

Sargon2112
07-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I had similar trouble back in the day with my FatCat (TR200) after a re assembly... I was one tooth off when I lined up the cam timing marks. It would start up very easily but it would back fire during deceleration and of course it lacked power.

Double check your marks...

Sargon

Erics350x
07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
you use the F to align the spark advancer. sounds like the valves are adjusted wrong or the slow jet is clogging up.

herdfandave
07-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Ok guys, I am a total idiot, that is clear.. but, how do you check the timing? I think that is my problem with my 200e, any of you all profesionals have the time to explain?:wondering

topless
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I use a digital timing light, powered by a battery charger.
That lets me check the timing and set the rpm.