PDA

View Full Version : Question about bikebandit.com

Enigma
10-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Has anyone ordered anything from www.bikebandit.com? I was looking around and it shows that they have evey part for my 86 Tecate. Whats the deal?

edog
10-08-2005, 01:01 PM
It's outdated,you need to call and ask if they are still avaliable.

New2ATC
10-08-2005, 05:55 PM
not only that be prepared to wait for the item to arrive.. I got mine almost a month after i had ordered it..

42F67N
10-08-2005, 06:00 PM
I bought pipes for my ninja off them and got them in like 7 days i thought there service was great atleast for what i wanted it was.

brendan802
10-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I've ordered a few parts for my 84 big red and had no problems at all. It just took awhile to get the that it. I believe there parts list are updated since I've ordered stuff that is not available anymore but was about a year ago. If they don't carry the parts you need it will say discountinued and the price next to it is usually 999.99 which I have no clue why.

Orangecnty250r
10-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Bikebandit
I just ordered a bunch of parts from Bikebandit (My first time). They emailed me the same day saying that one part is backordered and the rest is being gathered from several of their distributors. Their email stated it should ship in 3-4 workking days so we'll see.

swm250R
10-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Bikebandit is alright, I have used them before. I was trying to restore a '72 SL125. They did not carry parts for that bike as it is too old but it seems like the 80's on up they have stuff available. I have ordered parts for a '03 DRZ400 Suzuki and a '83 Honda V45. They get thier parts from different distributors, so it can take awhile.

YAMAHA_Jim
10-08-2005, 09:01 PM
I've ordered from them a few times.Had to wait 1 time for 3 wks for a few ytm200 parts that were backordered.I didnt mind b/c I didnt need the parts right away.Other than that everything else was on time.
I dont think you can call them.Last time I checked there wasn't a phone# on the site or on any of my paperwork from them. The last time I had a question,I had to use thier chatroom,,and only during business hrs(8-5)pacific time.The person on the other end was very helpful and could type faster than anyone I've ever chatted with,lol.

edit: errrr ,,7am to 7pm is thier business hrs M-Thursday and 7am to 6pm on Friday

DeePa
10-08-2005, 09:15 PM
ive used them 4 or 5 times, and they are very good on letting you any discontinued parts right away thru an email, as well as anything backorders. If you spend under 25 bucks, shipping is only 4 bucks for USPS parcel post which is pretty fast. Over 25, shipping is only like 8 bucks. I really think they are one of the better places out there.

TimSr
10-08-2005, 10:10 PM
I live in Ohio, and if theyve got the stuff in stock, Ill get it in 2 days. I ordered a Z sidecover gasket on Tuesday, and got it on Thursday. If they have to search their distributors and order it, it can take up to a couple of weeks. They ship very quickly, but they cant ship what they dont have. Its not like everybody has 25 year old parts laying on the shelves all over the place anyways. Anywhere you go, your probably have to wait, unless you get lucky and order something they happen to have. With Bikebandit, Im confident the stuff will come eventually, and they will ship it as soon as they get it.