PDA

View Full Version : hi, new guy in here

smo
10-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Hello everyone, i just joined up. I just found this site while looking for parts.
I just bought my first 3 wheeler a month ago, it is a Honda ATC 200x 1983 and in perfect shape. except for the back sticker. Oh, and sorry if I am posting in the wrong place...not sure which one. I was wondering if it is possible to get after-market racing parts for the atc 200x? let me know please...thanks.

oddball3
10-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Welcome aboard, you got yourself a great trike there, and yes there are plenty of aftermarket go fast parts available. All depends on what you want to do.
Got any pics? Lets see that 83.

smo
10-07-2005, 07:46 PM
I would love to get some pics up here but got a busted camera. Just have to wait a bit. And for the parts... I don't race, only trails for now, but i feel my bike can use a bit more juice,not too much though...lol.

edog
10-07-2005, 08:04 PM
The 1983 to 1985 200X was sold in the largest numbers for Honda.I think that the ratio was for every 1 250R sold they sold 5 200X's.There is a plethra of aftermarket for these machines.I am restoring a 1985 200X.

:welcome: to the board

edog

smo
10-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Very nice.....Do you or anybody else know any good web sites for theese parts?

Somekindofjerk
10-07-2005, 08:53 PM
i like dennis kirk, they are quick and their products are allways good.

www.denniskirk.com

good luck!

smo
10-07-2005, 09:29 PM
thanks...i quickly checked it out...good stuff. I saw an exhaust syst for my atc 200x and it had a silencer in it. Sounds good. I'm wondering if it will be more quiet than my stock exhaust. Only because I have to drive my bike on some streets with lots of houses and don't want to get too many complaints from the folks. I have enough trouble with the police chasing me around the trails....Also will it give me some more torque? Thanks again.

69HemiGTX
10-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Howdy SMO! Welcome to the board. :welcome: I think you will find that shopping around will benefit you a lot in your parts search. As was said before, there were thousands of early 200Xs made, so there is no shortage of parts. There are a lot of 200X owners here (see sig), so you'll be able to get a lot of help.

BTW, you fit into the very small, but sensible, group of us that wants more performance without more noise. Congratulations for being intelligent. :beer :TrikesOwn

smo
10-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi, thanks....yeah it is just some small things I would like to change...1983....gotta breathe some fresh air into it. The onlt actual problem I have is a leak in a tube for my back brakes. I can't find a replacement anywhere for it. Serious. Sound strange?

dovesprings250R
10-08-2005, 12:23 AM
welcome aboard!

Vealmonkey
10-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Hey smo, You can buy braides stainless steel brake lines for your 200x. The brand name is Russell. Have your local dirtbike parts place people look for them in their catalogs, if not, do a google search for russell brake parts. If it is just the line that leads from the brake fluid reservoir, Go to your local auto parts store and have the counter person look for some line in the same size that will not be destroyed by brake fluid. You can also still get a pretty fair amount of parts from the Honda dealer. All your plastics and some of the big parts have been discontinued though. Good luck with your trike, and get those brakes fixed, the 200x can really fly.

wanta250r
10-08-2005, 04:53 AM
:welcome: Hey, there are lots of performance mods: a few aftermarket exhaust systems. high compression pistons. High performance cams, air filters, bigger carb. etc. durablue still makes an extended axle. If you get a new exhaust system. I'll buy the stock one off you. Always remember :TrikesOwn

edog
10-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi, thanks....yeah it is just some small things I would like to change...1983....gotta breathe some fresh air into it. The onlt actual problem I have is a leak in a tube for my back brakes. I can't find a replacement anywhere for it. Serious. Sound strange?
Duct tape it till you find a replacement.lol

MN250R
10-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Welcome aboard! :welcome:
You will really like this site, It is very helpful and full of very good information on Trikes :TrikesOwn