PDA

View Full Version : Fried The TewFiddy ES I Think...

atcmatt
10-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Well my weke away came to a grinding halt LITERALLY!

The 250es has always had my real smoky motor in it. It smoked like a SOB, I knew it was on its way out but it kept on chugging.

When I was riding home to load my bike onto the ute it just started to die out. So I stopped shut it off. Let it sit for a min. Then started it again. She went for about 20 mtrs (mind you the head was really quiet, it used to tick bigtime aswell). She then just slowed down died. And I checked the oil and it was so bloody hot, so hot it was smoking out of the filler cap hole, but still full.

Im not sure what happened but she now has no compression and turns over real slow.

Im putting my money on fried rings. What extent do you think the damage has done to my poor old girl? :cry:

Thanks

Matt

Ivant
10-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Was there any oil in it?

slothminx
10-07-2005, 02:47 AM
Ivant, yes there was oil it was really hot!

i would think you will be able to bore one size over and be fine. doenst sound like you ran it for long. rings are my bet aswell

Will

atcmatt
10-07-2005, 03:17 AM
Like I said the oil was full.

Thanks for the replies.

Matt

Yamahauler
10-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Tear the top end down, mic everything to see if its in spec. Don't bore unless you have to. If you don't have a manual, buy one, it'll tell you everything you need to do.

bigredhead
10-07-2005, 09:51 AM
Pop the valve covers off and check to see if you are getting oil up there......

Tear down time !!!!

If it was ticking.. bad... probably looking at timing chain. tensioners, valve guides and seals.. etc..... top end rebuild time !