PDA

View Full Version : quite exaust?

bigred1
10-06-2005, 08:09 AM
I don't know what mufflers are out there, but some of my rideing trails are close to neighborhood, keeping respect for them in mind I would like to find a quite exaust for my 200m let me know your oppinions thanks :cool:

firehart
10-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Do you have a stock pipe on it now? I would guess the the stock pipe would be the best way to go. You might check with the Honda dealer. Last time I took my 200x there to get an off-road sticker one of the salesmen came running out to look at it. He said he had not seen one of those in years.

Lomax
10-06-2005, 11:36 AM
There are these "stealth" systems for ATV's that could possibly be adapted onto a stock muffler. There are universal system so you might could make it work. I had a Rancher 350 here in the shop with one on it and you couldnt hear the exhaust! all you heard was the engine running by all the noises it makes. The only way to get quieter than that system was a powerwheels.

TeamGeek6
10-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Take the outlet to just above ground level, that might help. Try a piece of heater hose for a temporary hookup. Thatll prevent the exhaust from pointing outward at ear level. INexpensive fix?

Great to see youre concerned about ATV relations with the public, if there had been more people like you over the past 20 years, we wouldnt have lost our riding land.

bigred1
10-09-2005, 07:30 PM
for now I just repacked the exaust and capped the end with a can and drilled holes in it don't look pretty but works decently I'll post pics under redneck thread lol !!

brendan802
10-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Try the cobra quite series pipes. I have on on my 84 Red and it is really quite compared to my other machines. Very good for hunting and not pissing neighbors off. Denniskirk.com and bikebandit.com both carry them and I got my from bikebandit.com really quick and have been pleased with the results. Then you could sell your stock on ebay to make back some of the money you spent on the exhaust system like I did. I repainted my stock pipe and sold it for alomst 80.00 :w00t: Goodluck to you.

nouseforaname90
10-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Well I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but the SuperTrapp with one disc on is very quiet. I tried it on my SX and with one disc, it is quieter than my dads 200ES with stock exhaust. You should distinctly hear it over my SX.

wheelie king
10-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Ditto on the cobra QUIET exhaust systems. They have low, muffled sound and do not seem to affect performance at all. They are a good fit, also. :Bounce

Tri-ZNate
10-09-2005, 07:48 PM
take a piece of metel the diameter of the exhaust hole, bend it toward the ground while keeping the same diameter (probably heating would work best), and weld it on. makes them much quieter.