PDA

View Full Version : tri z clutch and rebuilding questions

zukifish
10-05-2005, 06:27 PM
I have an 85 triz that is getting the complete top and bottom rebuilt at a shop. They also told me that the clutch is toast. I believe everything needs to be replaced including the basket. They quoted me $190 plus an hour of labor. Can the parts be bought for cheaper and can I find some simple instructions to do it myself? Also is $940 a respectable price for a complete engine rebuild? They are putting on the dyno and dailing everything in before I'm getting it back. Any comments will be appreciated.

Somekindofjerk
10-05-2005, 06:29 PM
if you allready have 940 into it whats 190 more for the pro. touch!

TimSr
10-05-2005, 07:40 PM
I dont think $190 would cover just a clutch basket, so I doubt its included. With an hours labor $190 sounds about right if they are changing everything, and nothing beats an OEM clutch.

hondatrikesrule22
10-05-2005, 07:47 PM
I have an 85 triz that is getting the complete top and bottom rebuilt at a shop. They also told me that the clutch is toast. I believe everything needs to be replaced including the basket. They quoted me $190 plus an hour of labor. Can the parts be bought for cheaper and can I find some simple instructions to do it myself? Also is $940 a respectable price for a complete engine rebuild? They are putting on the dyno and dailing everything in before I'm getting it back. Any comments will be appreciated.

Damn, that a really good price. Labor will probably be what, $60? So for $250 you can have a rebuilt clutch and not even have to touch the bike. Thats a good deal. There are some Hinson Clutch baskets that cost $250 alone.