PDA

View Full Version : Question for Auto-X builders

atctim
10-04-2005, 08:41 AM
I getting close to being done with the black and pink Auto X for my girlfriend and fellow board member ATC-Horse. Obviously, the brake pedal is a problem with this project - we all know that. I think I am crafty enough to come up with something. I have an idea to use the 200X pedal. However, my shifter shaft is also a problem. It hits the left footpeg. I am going to have to space out the footpeg about 3/16" with washers to get the necessary clearence. Anyone else have this problem? Of all the articles and posts about the Auto-X I've read, I've never read anything about this. Also, I should mention that I am using an ATC200 engine, not a 200S engine. The only difference I knew of was the ATC200 was a 5 down shift pattern and the 200S was a 5 up shift pattern. I thought that the engine was identical in size and shape and weight and everything.

Any comments are welcomed and appriciated.

phreakboy
10-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Yes on both autox's that I have I had to space out the foot pegs about a 1/4", the motors are exact same and everything will work fine.

atctim
10-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Here are some pics from work done last night. Check out the shiney motor. I wire wheeled the whole thing (with a drill attachment) then clear coated it. It looks Flippin' Sweet. The clear should hold up the same as paint does - and will keep the oxidation off the aluminum.

BTW - the motor mounts and swinger and front forks look white in the photo, but are actually a light pink called "satin slipper".

threewheelin-feelin
10-04-2005, 12:23 PM
actully the 84 200s is a 5 down shift pattern like the ATC200...but the 85 200s is a 5 up shift pattern