PDA

View Full Version : I'm done on my 200X rebuild.

EZ in NZ
10-04-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm finally done with my rebuild of my X. The idea was to make the whole trike bigger which I think I've accomplished.

Here is a pic and I've got some larger pics and the work list of what I did on my website:

My Site (http://www.ezrider.co.nz)

Click on the Trike button in the top menu and then the 200X button. The site needs java enabled.

Thanks to Jen for selling me the tank and Tyler and Skippy for other parts to help get the project done.

I know it's not everyones taste but nothing I ever build is and I guess that's the kind of builder I like to be. ;)

monster 84r
10-04-2005, 02:10 AM
ez you did an amazing job, that trrike is huge! it must have a ton of travel with those shocks. is the riding position more agressive? it looks killer!

btw, how did you get the axle carrier and everything else so clean?

edog
10-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Looks real good.

1DEADPRESIDENT
10-04-2005, 10:04 AM
OMG! Love it. The XL fork tubes were a perfect match to the +8 swingarm. My question is how much of that height is absorbed with your weight? It looks like a great "air" vehicle, especially since its got room for a 5 gallon bucket under the motor!! :lol:

Billy Golightly
10-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Man, you should be able to get some suspension travel out of that!

Hows it jump? :D

EZ in NZ
10-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys. Small jumps so far are fine. I haven't been back to my local dunes/riding places yet to give it a decent thrash. I did take it up the river bed in the weekend. Over rapids, fallen trees etc. It's a lot of fun with that much clearance.

I would estimate the whole trike sinks about 1/3 with me on it. Still plenty of travel, front and rear but bodyweight does sacrifice some of its height for sure.

When I had the shock rebuilt, the tech said he did all he could with valves/oil etc to keep it stiff but 8" of extra swingarm is a lot of leverage so......

Monster, the swingarm was a real beater when I got it off ebay for $10. After cutting and extending I gave all the factory welds a good tidy up and then I sprayed it with rattlecan Silver. It kind of has an aluminium look to it now. When I take the trike apart next (probably next winter) I think I'll paint the frame the same color. I like it.

edog
10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Could you post more pics of your 1983 200X what it looked like before please?

EZ in NZ
10-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Sure Man. The trike was in nice condition when I got it. Someone had sprayed the tank red and the bars/throttle had been changed over the years but it was tidy.

When I replaced the swingarm to do the mods, it was starting to rust out. Not something I could easily see when it was still on the trike. Those tube swingarms on the 83's are ugly anyway.

Other than that, all pretty good.

edog
10-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Those swingarms are weak anyway.Looks nice,i remember a picture where the back was wider than it is know.

EZ in NZ
10-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh yeah, shortly after purchase I fitted new bars, the ITP rims/new tires and the axle spacers. You might have seen a pic of it at that stage. I think I had one posted somewhere.

TrIpFeSt
10-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Wow You did an amazing Job. I would kill to own that beauty!!!

TrIpFeSt
10-05-2005, 02:14 PM
SO how much all together did * put into that thing?

Maine_Triker
10-05-2005, 02:51 PM
That thing is sick man! It's like a 200x with a lift kit! (actually, it is!) That is a gem man, I think I just got inspired to start another project :D !

Phil