PDA

View Full Version : having problems with my 350x

excelblder
02-16-2003, 04:14 PM
i have a 85 350x and i cant get it to kick over it seemes like its locked up i tore the top half of the motor apart the jug and piston are in good shape im kinda of afraid to tear the bottom half apart without a service book does anyone have anny clues to what it could be or know where i could get a book

ATCnut
02-16-2003, 04:23 PM
The only book available for the 350X is the one from honda. PN 61HA501. Best price is to order from servicehonda (I think). the other place to check is helm www.helminc.com

wanta250r
02-16-2003, 04:37 PM
Clymer makes a repair manual, go to www.repairmanuals.com for one, and for parts try bikebandit.com )

ATCnut
02-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Clymer does not make a manual for the ATC350X. I was told that a trike or bike had to be in production for three years before Clymer make a manual. I went to www.repairmanuals.com. and the only manuals they had were the factory honda ones. They were expensive too!!

excelblder
02-16-2003, 10:41 PM
thanks for the info

86waterpumper
02-17-2003, 12:09 PM
Are you sure that part number is right ATC nut? It doesn't look long enough, and I can't get it to come up at Service Honda on the interactive pricing guide...

beaterbiker
02-18-2003, 01:32 AM
You can get em on Ebay, but they are 40.00. sounds like a lot of money, but it is a great resource. If you just want some pages from it, let me know, I could Xerox em at work and mail em to ya. If we do that, it would be cool if you would reimburse me for the postage, if it is more than a buck. Let me know what you would want. there is a section on Removal of the engine, section on Clutch, section on Crankcase. Other idea is a PDF file. Wonder if Howdy knows if we would get busted for scanning some stuff and creating a file of it? I don't want to make any money from the deal, just help each other out.

Let me know what you guys think.

Joel85350X
02-18-2003, 11:59 AM
I went to www.helminc.com and bought a honda service manual for $29, $34 shipped to my door. Took 4 days to get here. No problems, and a very good book. Punched for three/five ring binder too.

dividebyzero
02-18-2003, 01:09 PM
Y ou can take off the center piece of the left crankcase cover with a big screwdriver,then take a socket to the flywheel bolt inside and try turning it.If you cant turn it(basically your turning the motor over by hand).If your bottom half is good this should turn(your turning the motor over at the crank).I did this on mine and it wouldnt turn,tore it apart and the rod was busted at the crank,along with pcs of piston,etc.Check out planet honda(metro powersports)and ask for jeff.Ive been dealing with him since day 1 and never found a better deal.Thats where i got my manual from.Also,u might just have a broken part in the kick lever assembly.

Tecate performance
02-19-2003, 01:56 AM
yep ordering from helm publishing online or by phone is the way to get factory honda service manuals at the best price. helm is the company that publishes honda's manuals for them. i got one for my xr600 from them, cheapest around and brand new

ATCnut
02-22-2003, 02:22 PM
for some reason servicehonda only lists the 85 only manual (61ha500). I do not know why they do not list the 85/86 manual (61ha501). Helm is a great place!!