PDA

View Full Version : how long does the filter last in a fuel filter

trikes=fun
10-03-2005, 02:54 AM
I kinda want an opinion on these fuel filters before i get one..........is it a waste of money.Oh yea and how long does the the fuel filter Last.maybe an opinion on a good one. :) :) (thanks guys)

trikes=fun
10-03-2005, 03:26 AM
What's better the brass fuel filters or the clear one's I kinda like the clear one's because you could actually see your fuel flow. I heard the filters can last up to 8 months is that true. I looked around on the internet and some sites say there like $15.00 and peolpe are saying that they are like a $1.00 - $5.00 whats the real prices like at a local honda shop or an atv shop.

wanta250r
10-03-2005, 03:40 AM
I bought a simple clear, plastic in-line fuel filter for like $3.00 a couple weeks ago. It is a good idea to get one if you have a dirty/rusty gas tank. It depends on the cleanliness of the tank as to how long they will last. Some filters you can take apart and clean and use over and over again. The last one I had on my 200x lasted like 6 years. It all depends.

Vealmonkey
10-03-2005, 03:43 AM
Fuel filters last until they get dirty. If you have a question or an issue about rust in your fuel, then the clear ones are nice. All fuel valves have a fuel filter of one sort or another built in. In the honda atc90 and early 110's, they have a small round screen behind the fuel valve. In the bigger trikes where the fuel valve is attached to the tank, the screen fits over top the fuel intake lines. Try and make sure that your fuel valves have a clean filter screen or that the screen is still there and not torn up or not even there at all. The original screens are your first line of defense. The clear inline type are your second defense or first defense if you don't have a fuel valve screen in place. It never hurts to buy 2 or 3 clear inline filters so you will have replacements handy in case they get clogged. Different places have different prices on the inline filters. Just shop around until you find some that fit your budget. I like the disposable plastic clear ones myself. If your having problems with rust in your filters, you should really try to address the problem which would be the rust itself. If your getting alot of rust, then sooner or later you will be having holes starting in your gas tank, and that can be bad.

trikes=fun
10-03-2005, 03:52 AM
I have no rust in the tank but i heard they keep alot bad stuff out of your carb and give you better throttle response and a little more power but I wouldent expect I'd be able to feel anything .(power increase)

wanta250r
10-03-2005, 03:56 AM
I don't know why it would give you a power increase unless it is removing a lot of crap out of the gas.

trikes=fun
10-03-2005, 04:08 AM
Well bikebandit.com were i was lookin says you get better throttle response and a little power but I doubt that probaly a mistake on their part maybe.