PDA

View Full Version : Some myths debunked about 350x carbs on SXs

Tri-ZNate
10-02-2005, 06:41 PM
I just got my X carb all cleaned up and put on the SX. I have a 135 main (not sure about the slow, probably stock size) with the air box cover off and stock exhaust. It idles and runs GREAT! Seems to have alot more punch to it than the SX carb did. Probably would have idled even better if the A/F screw hadnt of snapped off :rolleyes:. Now some stories I heard were "the sx cant handle the X carb, it just doesnt run well with it" that I found out isnt true. "When you get to the top end the carb gives too much gas and the engine will cut out" that isnt true either. Now, as long as you run a smaller jet you will have no problems at all except one.

The only problem I had was the air intake needs to be put to the outside of the bike while you put the carb in, and then put the intake back on, then put the metal clamp back on (wont work if the clamp isnt unscrewed all the way). Figured I'd post my experience for people who wanted to put an X carb on there SX :beer

DeePa
10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
whos 350x air screw hasnt snapped off? Both of my carbs air screw has

Tri-ZNate
10-02-2005, 06:52 PM
how did you get them out?

DeePa
10-02-2005, 06:53 PM
i asked that question here and no one replied

Tri-ZNate
10-02-2005, 07:09 PM
I was thinking of putting some jb weld on there and unscrewing it.

Maine_Triker
10-03-2005, 12:35 PM
That's good to hear. We are thinking about putting one on the SX.

conig
10-03-2005, 05:40 PM
definatly thanks for the post now my curiousity is really peaked about a 350x carb.

Tri-ZNate
10-03-2005, 08:02 PM
I raced my dad on his quadsport tonight and usually I can only beat him if I leave early, But now I can beat him no matter when I start. This carb has alott more punch when you go W.O.T. Also I can bring the front end up in 4th gear now. I can only get like a 35 degree angle in 5th. So it definatly helps.

One more suggestion if you have no mods go to like a size lower than a 135 main jet. It runs rich right now.