PDA

View Full Version : Tri Z Wrench Report

The R
02-16-2003, 04:10 AM
Does anyone know a shop that could perform the wrench report on the Tri-Z (head and cylinder) ?? I live in Michigan, and I'm willing to send the parts to someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks

mbg75
02-16-2003, 04:25 AM
i did mine myself. raising the exhaust port roof was easy, however it was a little tricky adding the extra boost port in. you need to drill a pilot hole first, then open it up with a die grinder. the head can be milled at any automotive machine shop. plan on getting the cylinder bored and a new piston after the mods are done. the compression should be around 160-175psi. also put in new reeds if you haven't changed them recently. boysens carbon fiber reeds work good. instead of cutting the stock pipe, i bought a dg pipe and silencer. the main jet was increased two sizes to a 500. these mods make the z hit alot harder and later.
i also just recently bought an LRD pipe and silencer. haven't tried it yet and just found out that they stopped making them. good thing i bought it when i did.

NOS_350X
02-16-2003, 04:53 AM
what dose wrench report meen? i have never heard that before what dose it consist of doing?

The R
02-16-2003, 04:55 AM
http://www.quadpit.com/mags/1985/3-4w-action/yam-wrench-report-tri-z.htm

Hope that helps!!