PDA

View Full Version : Blue/white smoke?!?!?!

Tri-ZNate
10-01-2005, 03:15 PM
ok my friend and I were riding the other day when his engine lost all of its oil and froze up. We towed it back put some oil in it, fired it up and now he says it has a bluesmoke with some white in it. Now the white smoke is oil burning but what is the blue smoke? I know he did something to his brand new rings so is blue smoke oil burning too?

Blown 331
10-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Blue is definitely oil, white is usually moisture.

Tri-ZNate
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah its definatly rings :rolleyes: I got to ride it today and if you give it WOT you cant see behind you. Were gonna put some new ones in soon.

BigGreenMachine
10-02-2005, 08:13 PM
How did he lose all his oil and why did he run it after he lost it?? White usually means antifreeze in the cylinder (moisture).

Tri-ZNate
10-02-2005, 08:28 PM
it is a quadsport. There is a bolt in the front that came out and let all the oil out along with it without us knowing. It made a horrible sound (like a bad front wheel bearing) and quit. After checking it to make sure nothing was wrong (it liked to do this since the rebuild so we really didnt pay attention to the oil level) and pull started it again. It ran again he went another 100 meters and it stalled again. And when he went to try and kick it it made a sound like it was moving a chain inside. So we put it in neitral, loaded it up, took the crankcase off at his house to see if the cam chain slipped off or something, and when 4 dropps of oil came out we knew the horrible truth.

That is how it happened

BTW we didnt know th bolt came out till we took the side case off. At that point we saw the blot missing on the front of the engine and figured it out.