PDA

View Full Version : 200x Head and Base gaskets/gasket sealer

Solid Snake
09-29-2005, 02:29 PM
I have a 200x that has a blown head gasket, it still runs but recently I was thinking of tearing it down for other reasons and decided it's time to replace the head and base gaskets. What brand do people have success with here...I know that 200x's are notorious for blowing head gaskets. I've heard something about copper ones but have never been able to find any. How about Cometic or Vesrah? Also, my Honda dealer says I should use a semi-drying gasket sealer. Is this necessary? Anyone else used this stuff? A friend of mine recommended Yamabond 4 or similar Honda stuff. Any input? Thanks.

Howdy
09-29-2005, 02:36 PM
As far as gaskets go I use aftermarket ones ( Vesrah, Parts Unlimited, ect ). For sealant I use "Hi Tac" gasket sealer.
Howdy

oddball3
09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
I tried aftermarket gaskets on a 200x and had no luck head gasket would start leaking. Bought a honda head gasket and never had a problem again. Its a little more but worth it when you dont have to tear it down again.

jeswinehart
09-29-2005, 09:51 PM
That is what I have used with great results ( for the head cap only ).
Versha gaskets have done what I needed them to do - work.

john

P.S. - a tube of yamama bond should last the normal weekend garage mechanic about 100 engine rebuilds ,,,, that's how little you need to use so as too not plug up oil ports.