PDA

View Full Version : 110 honda, worth fixing?

Jim mac
09-29-2005, 01:42 AM
okay I started posting a few tech questions, I pulled the cylinder found what I think is the motor is 50 over, at least thats what's inked into the side of the piston, the piston is scuffed, looks like i need a new piston. and rings. the cylinder looks to be in good condition, no marks or ridge,
my main question is a 110 worth fixing up? I've got 75 bucks into it right now,I looked at piston and ring 47 dollars,gaskets$22 carb gasket$13, I still need 3 tires and glass the seat pan and recover it,
I really don't want to get too upside down into this project, what do you folks think. fix it or sell it as is? Jim

RedRider_AK
09-29-2005, 01:54 AM
You're not going to sell it as is for more than 20 bucks. I would say fix it and give it to your children (or something like that).

Rasuel
09-29-2005, 01:58 AM
If the plastics are in good condition than yes, its probably worth fixing up. If the bike looks rough, then probably not. If it you can get it running, even poorly, then put it back together and let it be someone elses problem. You wont get much for a 110 anyway, unless, like i said, it looks really good.

Huffa
09-29-2005, 05:00 AM
Put it this way, a nice 110 should fetch between $500 to 700 and even a bit more if it is really nice.

Do you feel you will be able to get at least $500 for it?

I sold a nice 125 years ago for 750. This had electric start and Hi & Low range too, not sure if the 110 does though.

I could hook you up with 3 tires that are 22X11X8's and have 100% tread on them. This add says one pair but I have 4 of them. Thing is, I just don't want to sell 3 and be stuck with one. If interested maybe you have a buddy that needs a front tire? Would be 96 for all 4 + shipping.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?p=243978#post243978

Jim mac
09-29-2005, 09:33 AM
yeah the rear plastic has a couple of cracks, I zip tied them together. I think I may just run a hone through the cylinder and reinstall everything clean up the valves and put it back together.
the ring end gap looks to be about 5 thou. I think that may be excessive. the cam may have been in there off a tooth, when I did get it to run I got a little blue smoke when I reved the motor. I don't really want to spend alot of money on the trike without first knowing if the tranny has issues.
If I can at least get it rolling and everything else works okay, I may rebuild the motor then. at least if its put back together I can sell it complete, instead of having a connecting rod hanging out of a motor. Jim