PDA

View Full Version : 200X starting problems

Extremesounds13
09-28-2005, 11:48 AM
I have an 84 200X it ran but smoked so I took it out and had it rebuilt and in the mean time I rebuilt the carb. When the motor came back I put it in the trike with the rebuilt carb and couldn't get it to start, I had good spark and fuel was getting into the cylinder it just wasn't starting, If I held the throttle open and kicked it it would fire out the airbox, so after checking and rechecking everything the book says to I figured the timing was 180 degrees off, so I tore it apart and sure enough the timing was off 180 degrees. I fixed that and put it all back together and still nothing same results(firing out the airbox). I am at a loss can someone please tell me what I need to do to get this thing running. :wondering

Somekindofjerk
09-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Okay dont flip out yet... if your timing is good your getting fuel and you have spark check your compression, with a fresh rebuilt engine i hope you have compression, if not check valve lash. specs for valve lash can be found on the 3wheelerworld website.

ps. when doing timing your "t" should be in the view holes checkslit when the piston is at top dead center(book tells you to do this but just to make sure you did...).

good luck