PDA

View Full Version : two questions

bigred1
09-27-2005, 08:12 AM
my 200m has been down a while thought it was cdi problem but when I checked stator wire (black/red) I got no resistance value so I decided to open it up...when I got in I found my stator unit in shambles :cry: question #1- how could the theese two screws have come loose? question #2 how can I tell if my rotor is damaged also? I have attached some pics can you help?

Howdy
09-27-2005, 08:25 AM
my 200m has been down a while thought it was cdi problem but when I checked stator wire (black/red) I got no resistance value so I decided to open it up...when I got in I found my stator unit in shambles :cry: question #1- how could the theese two screws have come loose? question #2 how can I tell if my rotor is damaged also? I have attached some pics can you help?

No pictures attatched, but to answer your question as best I can. #1 The screws were probably not put in tight, or lossened up over time ( seen this a time or 2 ). #2, if you have gouges or pieces out of the flywheel then you probably should replace it.

I have a stator and I have a flywheel if your interested. PM for details.
Howdy

Howdy
09-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Ahhh, you got the pictures edited in ( Good work ).
To me it looks as if one of the bolts came loose and caught the rivet of the flywheel. The flywheel is strong than the bolt so it pulled / snapped it and ripped the other one out. End result would be a FUBAR'd stator. Since you have it this far apart you might as well change the flywheel also. I will go into detail ( for parts ) in a PM later today.
Howdy

TeamGeek6
09-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Loctite them back in. Medium strength automotive stuff. Those screws can come out if not loctited.

Howdy
09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Loctite them back in. Medium strength automotive stuff. Those screws can come out if not loctited.

How the heck are you going to locktite them back in when the whole assembly is broken? Just looking at the pictures you can see where the mounting holes are broke out, the bolt is broken. The coils have damage, ect. Sorry, but it's going to take A LOT more than loctite to fix that one. :rolleyes:

Here is what a good set up looks like:
http://www.bright.net/~atcsrus/FTags/200mStatorFlywheel1.JPG
Howdy

bigred1
09-27-2005, 07:46 PM
ooooh that's what it's supposed to look like :lol: parts that look that good shouldn't be on a shelf they should be in, oh say a 1985 200m big red maybe??

Howdy
09-27-2005, 07:53 PM
ooooh that's what it's supposed to look like :lol: parts that look that good shouldn't be on a shelf they should be in, oh say a 1985 200m big red maybe??

These came from a running motor that was just rebuilt. The guy that did the top end used RTV blue on the gaskets and plugged the oil port to the top end. This caused the top end to basically melt down, he sold it to me ( missing a lot of body parts ). It wasn't worth fixing IMO.

Anyhow, $35 for the parts and $5 for priority shipping if you want them.
Thanks
Howdy

bigred1
09-27-2005, 08:20 PM
absolutely I'll pm you

Howdy
09-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Here is the gas tank I have.
Howdy

bigred1
09-29-2005, 07:36 AM
sent you a new pm, it looks like we can make a deal :cool:

bigred1
10-03-2005, 07:07 PM
:w00t: got my stator assy today, what should I use for gasket (I forgot) if one is not available and does it need one on both sides or just the side against the block?