PDA

View Full Version : 110 no spark issue

Jim mac
09-25-2005, 01:59 PM
can anyone here give me a site that may be able to help on a 82 honda no spark issue. I've posted here and haven't gotten any response. I did try the search option, can't come up with any specs on the electrical stuff. thanks Jim

crackshot
09-25-2005, 04:05 PM
That have CDI ignition or points?

Jim mac
09-25-2005, 04:11 PM
CDI, I used a ohm meter and stuck in into the two wires coming out of the motor and got nothing, then stuck a ohm metert in the same wires on my 200s and got a reading oaf 1.3 so Im thinking the stator is bad, I pulled the hub off and the thing was full of rust, is there a spec on the stator? thanks Jim

crackshot
09-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I know there has got to be spec on stator but do not know what it is. Maybe someone with 110 manual can chime in on this.

TeamGeek6
09-25-2005, 09:29 PM
1.3 ohms on the 200 stator is for the lights winding, the ignition winding will be a lot more (100 at least?). Find a wiring diagram, verify which wires go to the CDi (probably one to the CDI and one to ground) and read through them, should be no more than a couple hundred ohms. Resistance spec is not of a great deal of use, (unless its open or shorted) they can vary easily by 10%. Inductance is whats important and you cant measure that with an ohmmeter.

crackshot
09-25-2005, 09:46 PM
There ya go. TG6 seems to know his stuff on the electrical aspect.

Jim mac
09-25-2005, 11:57 PM
It lives! I went to a guy I know and bought a CDI coil and stator plate, went ahead and installed the stator plate, hooked up the black wire left the yellow unhooked as its just the lights right?, no spark. changed the CDI no spark, changed the coil Spark! Went ahead and looked at the timing mark pointed it to the F lined up the rotor to pick up and cranked. it ran till the gas in the cyl ran out, Im going to clean the carb hook up the tank and see if it'll run, I think the things got low comp. I can spin it pretty easy by hand, but I didn't see it smoke. Im glad a got everything for the ign. at the same time, the guy lives across town and only sells trike parts on the weekend, I just figure since im there, may as well get it all, $40 for everything including the cdi cover. now on to the seats and tires.
On the seats, can I just glass over the rusted pan both sides and then recover it? anyone try this before? I posted this over at the 3 wheeler.org too. thanks everyone, Im sure I'll have a bunch more questions soon. Jim

crackshot
09-26-2005, 06:13 AM
Yeah I have a 110 the kids ride but it is breaker point ignition. Not too hard to trouble shoot those!

Jim mac
09-27-2005, 01:23 AM
Well just tore down the carb everything in it was gummed up solid, cleaned it up the oring to the bowl was bad. Tried a oring from the hardware store,but it leaked but the trike ran until the gas ran out. Tore into the carb again built up a bead of black RTV let it semi harden put a small oring around the fuel passage. and screwed it together. Hopefully it'll hold until I see how it runs.
if it runs okay I'll kit the carb.
Tires and seats are next. Jim

Jim mac
09-27-2005, 10:10 PM
and the saga continues, gassed up the tank I think the needles dirty, gas pours out the carb, went to crank it up and no go. getting spark got too much fuel, maybe I just flooded it out. my right arm is about to fall off from pulling the cord, does anyone have the compression for one of these things? Im thinking maybe low compression. Jim