PDA

View Full Version : atc 70 float adjustment

42F67N
09-25-2005, 09:40 AM
So this atc 70 has me a bit frustrated ive rebuilt atc 70 carbs before and had no problems so i rebuilt this one and the carb keeps flooding out the overflow ive had it off twice readjusting the float and it keeps doing the same thing,the float is in good shape and dosent leak anything into it.

someone wanna give me there step by step on how they do it?

TeamGeek6
09-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Thats what a bad float needle seat does. My R was the same way. I put a drain tube in the bowl so I could see the fuel level, then open the fuel shutoff, the level would rise quickly to where it should be, then it would slowly rise till it ran out the overflow. Could be a bad needle too or dirt in the tank getting through the filter.

Heres how I do it, replace the gas filter and fuel lines to the carb (or install another filter before the carb) and make sure the fuel passages in the carb are clean. Set the float to factory level. If it still floods, try a new needle, if that doesnt fix it, the only thing left is the needle seat and in some carbs, that cant be replaced. :(

42F67N
09-25-2005, 11:47 PM
I just rebuilt the carb using a moose racing rebuild kit everything is new ceppt the float itself ,ive had it apart a few times and just cant figure it out ,i was wondering if maybe the float needle was bad because i rebuilt the carb and it has all new fuel lines,filters and a por 15 sealed tank.

maybe ill try putting the old float needle back in it and see what happens,i wanted to try to get it right because im suppose to trade it for a tri moto.