PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 200e What Type Of Ride Can I Expect?

slowneasy
09-25-2005, 09:25 AM
first thanks guys for all the info on my earlier post, well i paid the guy for the yamaha 200e just got to make the road trip to get it, the trike is my partner at works dad trike looks great been stored in his garage for years hes in his sixties used her for deer hunting about it, got the number anyone help with it 24W-008877 i looked her over when we were down there i know it has 25 inch tires but cant remember the width pretty sure nine inch rim size tires need replacing cracked from sitting, this has no rear suspension how will the ride be on her? oh almost forgot the front suspension seems to be frozen i could not get her to move think she will break loose when ridden? any other comments on this model will be appreciated. decals say 200E. thanks really excited about picking her up i got a few quads but im thinking im gonna really enjoy this trike. live in upper michigan dont know of anyone in my area that has a trike all quads. thanks guys

Huffa
09-25-2005, 11:03 AM
200E is not a bad model at all but don't expect to bonzi on the thing with no rear suspension. Ridden with what it was designed for doing, referring to casual trail riding & uttility work it will satisfy you no problem. You can push it to it's limits and have a lot of fun on it but cerrtainly not recommended for jumping.

The rear tires when chosen should have good flex in sidewalls because that IS your suspension. You don't have to have flex if you enjoy a super stiff rear end which most likely you woudn't want.

The forks, how did you test them? By putting on the front brake and rocking it back and fourth? If you can't get them to budge that way then something internal is wrong with at least one of them. Maybe they were run with no fork oil in them as it could of leaked out. Does it look all oily on the lower legs at all? They could be tweaked too but usually they still function with movement. A lot of yamahas have bent forks, just depends how hard it was ridden. Eye them up good and check them out.

I believe this is the model (maybe not year) that you have.
http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/readersrigs/1985yamaha200e.jpg

freewheel3
09-25-2005, 12:05 PM
24w-008877 = 1983 Ytm 200ek

350x'inNY
09-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Your screen name about sums up how you should ride it there... slowneasy :TrikesOwn

slowneasy
09-25-2005, 05:43 PM
thanks for the info, will check on the forks but they seem frozen no oil leaks dont look bent at all, was thinking maybe would free up when ridden, if not can front forks still be gotten? is this model a yamahauler? was wondering if wheel spacers would make her more stable? if so where would i look for a set? thanks kris

edog
09-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Ya,wheel spacers would be a good idea.

slowneasy
09-26-2005, 03:54 PM
thanks for the pic what model is the 200e? tri moto, yamahauler, tri z i have no idea? thanks kris