PDA

View Full Version : 110 no spark question

Jim mac
09-24-2005, 10:40 PM
I just picked up a 110 and decided to try to get it running. first off the valve were set so tight I think they were holding the valves open, checked for spark and not getting any, the plug looks new like that was the first thing the guy I got it from tried but no go. I changed plugs with on from my 200s no go. I checked the kill switch, that checked okay, no ground when in the run pos. checked the plug wire, looks okey, stuck a voltmeter to the coil and got 12 volts when cranking,
someone cut the wires for the magnetic pickup off the cam and spliced a wire in it. Getting .8ohms resistence across the coil.
when I check cont. between the two posts the buzzer goes off on the meter. Is there anyway to check the CDI unit? I noticed the pickup is about 3/16 away from the rotor. is that okay? this is on a 82 honda 110 thanks for the help. Jim

Jim mac
09-24-2005, 11:29 PM
oaky I did a little search on this site and it may be the stator. I checked the ohms on the black red wire and got zero my volt ohm meter onlygoes down to 200, the yellow wire reads 2.3 does this sound like a bad stator.
If so, do I just remove the 4 10mm bolts and yank the pull start hub and timing hub? or does the 17 mm bolt have to come off too. and is there anything inside the stator assy that can go wrong to give a bad reading? and can I remove it and test it on a bench? thanks Jim