PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

CoeShow
09-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Hello everybody! My name is Mike Coe and I am a former Team Honda ATC racer.

I have a post in another forum and am having a blast answering as many questions as possible there. I will answer as many as I can so ask away!

I found some photo's while looking around on the site.

I want to say that catfishwhisker posted some very nice photos of the Loretta Lynns National held there in 1985.

I won the 250 pro class race that day! I won with a 2-1 moto score over Marty Harts 1-2 or 1-3.

Catfishwhisker: Is there a chance you might have more photo's from that race??.

That race holds special memories for me. Thanks for your time.

Mike

Billy Golightly
09-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey Mike, You might try sending him a Private Message. Up near the top right hand corner of your screen below the search box it says "Private Messages". That'll open up another page, then over at the left side bar there is a link that says "Send New Message" Click on that and then you'll get a box similiar to where you type in a reply, or a new post. The first box will be "Recipient Username(s)" His username on here is "catfish" because there was a problem with his old account. Then theres a subject, and body line pretty much like a normal email. Wes is a really cool guy and I'm sure he'll help you out if he can.

Dammit!
09-24-2005, 10:27 AM
So, are you getting the itch to get yourself another trike yet?

mymint87
09-24-2005, 11:48 AM
DUDE......Your Awesome, I was reading about the 1983 Frontier 500, when you hopped on a 250R with some 220 miles to go and an hour behind the leader and ended up winning!!! CRAZEY!!!! Last Checkpoint you were clocked going like 85???...YOU WERE FREAKEN SIC!!!!!!!

Still live in El Cabong?
Still in touch with any former teammates?
Still sporting a unibrow?....hehe...j/k

CoeShow
09-24-2005, 03:40 PM
HondaATC, thanks for thje PM info.

Dammit, I'm workin' on it!

Mymint87 No longer in El Cajon. Been in Mira Mesa for the last dozen years or so. I still speak with my former team mates every now and then, but not often enough. No more unibrow, sorry. I lost it back in 1985. Steve Wrights girlfriend "waxed" it when she was a student at a beauty college back then.

Mike

Oldshell4481
09-24-2005, 03:48 PM
it would be a shame if you turned out to be a phony..

Billy Golightly
09-24-2005, 03:51 PM
it would be a shame if you turned out to be a phony..

Dude, he isn't a "phony" :rolleyes:

Oldshell4481
09-24-2005, 03:57 PM
probably not but if he ended up being someone on here that was trying to draw attention to themselves by saying they were a racer way back when, it would be a shame. but other than that its pretty sweet to have an old school racer on here.

mymint87
09-24-2005, 03:58 PM
I got a really nice B/W glossy of you getting sideways.....I don't know how much of the old photos you have in your personal photo album.

Your welcomed to it. I can drop it off at a friend's store on Ronson Rd, just off of Convoy....Let me know

Tommy Gaian has a ton of old pics and have been trying to get him to become a member here and at 3wheeler.org. Maybe he'll reconsider after hearing that you stopped in to answer some of the 3 wheeler communities questions...

Thanks alot....

BTW,........ 85 mph on an 83 R??..... HUGE NADS!!!!!!

firehart
09-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Do you have any old photos that you can share with us?

Wayne

85 200x all stock

CoeShow
09-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Mymint87,

That photo was taken at the Micky Thompson's race at the LA fairgrounds in Pomona. I appreciate that you are willing to sacrifice that photo for my collection but I do have one already, thanks.

Oldshell4481,

I can't really "prove" I am actually who I say I am over the internet, sorry you feel that I may be deceiving you. Maybe you can come up with some question that only a former Team Honda ATC racer would know.......... After I answer it correctly then maybe you will believe.........

Firehart,

I have a large album, but no way to scan and download them at the moment. My wife and I are currently working to rectify that....... Hopefully soon!

mymint87
09-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Quote from press release...

"No one knows exactly how fast Coe rode in the predawn darkness, but one spectator said he had never seen a 3 wheeler move at that rate of speed, even under ideal daylight conditions. Weixeldorfer thought he would spectate himself, and he raced down the highway in time to see Coe go through the final checkpoint 15 miles from the finish line at something like 85 miles an hour. The sight was inspiring, he said."

So, are we talking 200 miles into your leg of it...your fresh arse is flying close to 90mph?.....AWESOME :w00t:

Darius1502
09-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Mike,

Great to see you post on here. I was just a kid when you were tearing it up for Team Honda. I looked up to all of you guys.

Just wonderful to get a chance to say hello after all these years.

What have you been doing with yourself since ended for Team Honda's 3 wheeler race team?

Darius

Dynofox
09-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Mike glad to see you take the time to chat about trikes with us! I've got almost all the old atv mags from the 80's and you were awesome! I even remember reading about the tricked out blaster you used to race in the 250cc quad class. Are you still into ATVs? If so what do you ride these days? :welcome:

crackshot
09-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Still sporting a unibrow?....hehe...j/k

Thats a cold question man.

350Xhilaration
09-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Nice to meet you Mike. Welcome aboard.

You busy the second week of June? I'd like to personally invite you to TrikeFest 06. I seriously doubt anyone will object. There are links from the homepage about the last few TF meetings. It's in Laurel Indiana. This past one was a ball and got the highest turnout of any of them so far. Great bunch of people here.

I've got a slideshow at my site with pics if you'd like to check it out.
www.350XRiders.com/haspin/

Darius1502
09-24-2005, 10:39 PM
I'd like to personally invite you to TrikeFest 06. I seriously doubt anyone will object.

I am sure no one would mind at all!! :naughty: :naughty:

Maybe we could put Mike on an atc 110 and then give us ATC 250r's...

..then Mike may only lap us a couple times!!

mymint87
09-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Lighten up crackshot ....the fricken photo is twenty some odd years old....

Try waiting a quarter of a century and then take a look at your high school pictures and tell me you won't laugh....

Where's your sense of humor?......GEEZ!

Take ALL of your complaints to my PM box...NOT in this thread.....Thanks

Oldshell4481
09-24-2005, 10:51 PM
no beef man, i dont know enough about trikes to be questioning authoritah, i never even researched into trike racing, personally its not something that interests me, i just love the ride.

CoeShow
09-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Darius,

Like most everyone else I'm workin' for a livin' and raising my family(2 girls and a boy).
Got back into riding again about 4 years ago when my youngest turned 5.

DynoFox,

Even after racing quads successfully for 3+ years I ALWAYS liked 3 wheelers better, no question! I am working on geting an 85 or 86 250R soon........

edog
09-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Dude...you rule.Nice to have you on the boards.Did you race the 1985 200X?What did you think about it?

Darius1502
09-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks for answering Mike....it means alot.

I sure hope you get a 250r. It would be great to see you out there on 3 wheels again.