PDA

View Full Version : Testing an engine, so I can say everything is A-OK 100%.

Huffa
09-18-2005, 06:51 PM
I have a parts 200 big Red that I want to sell the engine. The problem I have is that I don't have a 100% way to test the transmission & Hi-Low range since the BR has no axle.

The engine does run & electric start works but it will hurt the value of it alot if I can't say that everything works so my thinking is the only way to test it is to get another axle + I'm sure other numerous things and drive the thing then resell it all, sort of a pain though. :rolleyes:

One other possibility is if I knew someone with a 200 that I could use it as a test machine and switch motors. I do know someone but :mad: he doesn't want to do it. I said I'd do all the work.

I imagine you can't fully test an engine (trans & sub Hi-Low) just by running it on machine with out a load on it and honestly say it has been tested a 100%.

Any other suggestions?

mx600
09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
One other possibility is if I knew someone with a 200 that I could use it as a test machine and switch motors. I do know someone but :mad: he doesn't want to do it. I said I'd do all the work.

You talking about me? I told you I was interested in that engine as-is and we could work out a deal, but you never got back to me, but rather offered it up to someone else. I'm still interested in it, in as-is condition, but it's up to you if you want to fully test it and try to get top dollar.

As far as testing it, I'd think you could probably just run it, check that the countershaft is spinning through all gears, hi and low. Maybe try to put some type of load on it, just to make sure it's really got power, like by pressing something against the countershaft to make sure it doesn't stop spinning. I think that's all you need to say it all works.

I've been watching a couple 200e motors on ebay and they're not getting any bids at the price I offered you.