PDA

View Full Version : 1985 200X kick start assembly

Huffa
09-14-2005, 06:04 AM
How hard is it to replace the shaft for the kickstarter and isn't there an update kit for the 83-5's since that is a problem area?

It's not mine but I do know the kickstart is a mess (splines) and most likely the shaft is bad too.

Would I need this (should match up to 85, right?) http://i17.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/eb/30/6e_1_b.JPG + have to split the cases too for kit?

I'm not sure yet if the kicker functions proper (kicks & rebounds) or not but if it does should I only get the above picture?

I think Howdy has done a few of these.

edog
09-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Huffa did you pick up a new toy and not tell us?

Howdy
09-14-2005, 08:31 AM
The upgrade kit is to solve the kickstarter slipping issues. If yours slips then it should be repaired. The kits are discontinued now, how ever I was able to find a couple of them. Yes, I will sell one, but it won't be cheap ( I paid full list price plus shipping for the ones I have ). To install them you MUST split the motor.

The parts in the auction your looking at should fix your spline issue. But why pay that price? I can hook you up with those parts for less $$ ( save a little on the parts and a little on shipping ). If you only need / want the shaft I can save you even more $$.

Howdy

chris200x
09-14-2005, 09:49 AM
What are you up to Gary? This is what (i think) is in one of those kicker kits.

Relax guys... This one is no good. I just forgot I had it laying around.

Huffa
09-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Hey, thanks all (Howdy & Chris) for the info!

Edog, it is not mine.

I do not know as of yet if it slips on shaft or what. I had a garage sale over the weekend and one guy saw that I worked on trikes and asked about a kick starter. They did try to weld :rolleyes: it on so who knows what all they need! They said the splines on shaft are 1/2 decent but more then likely if I look at them I'll bet there probably shot.

I will get back to you if they need more then the kickstart Howdy.

Anyone have a kickstart and is it only 83-5 that share the same one or do all (3-7) have the same one?