PDA

View Full Version : trike ruled the floating bog!

straight pipe
09-11-2005, 11:21 PM
hey crew check this pic out ...notice there is a trike looking back at a sea of quads! well that dude on the trike is me. i was the first to make it across the floating bog at the machand derby with my sx....look at those poor saps winching thier 800lb machines across the floating grass!!!...hehe :twisted:
edit- when i got across i did a victory dance and waved at all the stuck 4x4's

freewheel3
09-11-2005, 11:33 PM
hehe, way to go! Trikes rule. That pic reminds me of a bunch of water buffalo or elephants wallowing in a mud hole in Africa.

Yamahauler
09-11-2005, 11:35 PM
You got through it without even getting your white shirt dirty, not bad at all!

Billy Golightly
09-11-2005, 11:41 PM
And your wearing a helmet to boot! Cool picture.

atctim
09-12-2005, 08:20 AM
ITP Mudlites I see!

nouseforaname90
09-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Good job! Nice to know that SX's can kick a quads ass in the mud!
That extra tire they have just holds them back.. -tisk tisk- They shouldda gotta Honda ATC.

straight pipe
09-12-2005, 09:10 AM
trikes rule the floating bogs. some of those quads could have made it but they are quick on the trigger.i was navagating across the bog slowly and as soon as i saw my front tire disapear i would stop, back up and ride around the soft spot ;) . quads can't see thier front tire that well and as soon as they realized they were in trouble they would go hammer down and chew thier way to the bottom :confused: . and if the bog seemed thin i would jump off and float it accross. worked slick!. but 4x4's do kick my ass in the thick mud , quads were playing in this hole and i thought i would give her a try and i got seriously stuck, so the same guys that i danced in front of in the bog payed me back......i was a sitting duck as they mud rooosted around me..oh well....what comes around goes around.
edit- i rarely don't wear a helmet when i ride, there are to many dangers out there, all it takes is one rock that you smack your head against and game over :drool: . you can fix broken legs/arms/whatever but can't fix broken brain....there were some who rode w/o a lid/goggles and they got some scratches and red eyes to prove it :crazy: , evergreen branches hurt when your fore head smacks them at 30mph :cry: .i showed up wearing lid,sealed goggles,dust mask.when i was done my lungs were not black with forest dust and eyes not full of trail sand/crap and not branch burns on the forehead. :lol:

straight pipe
09-12-2005, 09:41 AM
hey yamahauler i saw tri-z at the derby, i was at checkstop 2 and this dude rides in with one....way cool. i just don't see alot of them around here.

TeamGeek6
09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
i rarely don't wear a helmet when i ride, there are to many dangers out there, all it takes is one rock that you smack your head against and game over . you can fix broken legs/arms/whatever but can't fix broken brain.

YES BEst to not even sit on the seat without a helmet- that eliminates the temptation to just kick it over and go. Good P-R.

If you havent tried a water crossing yet, its a thrill. 3 wheelers make pretty good submarines.

TeamGeek6
09-12-2005, 10:39 AM
edit- i rarely don't wear a helmet when i ride, there are to many dangers out there, all it takes is one rock that you smack your head against and game over :drool: . you can fix broken legs/arms/whatever but can't fix broken brain...

YES Best to not even sit on the seat without a helmet- that eliminates the temptation to just kick it over and go. Good P-R.

If you havent tried a water crossing yet, its a thrill. 3 wheelers make pretty good submarines. Ive ridden through water up to the handlebars and it kept on running for a little while.

straight pipe
09-12-2005, 11:31 AM
i love water and so does the trike. i have done this a lot. in order to go in past waist deep water i need to snokle my exaust, happens every time where i get the front up and am pulling a sweet water wheelie then blaaaa water get's in when i pull out of the throttle to controll the wheelie. but it starts right up as soon as the exaust is out.

Yamahauler
09-12-2005, 06:56 PM
hey yamahauler i saw tri-z at the derby, i was at checkstop 2 and this dude rides in with one....way cool. i just don't see alot of them around here.
Dammit! What year was it? I'll have to go buy that one too, time to take out another Tri-Z loan!

straight pipe
09-12-2005, 07:10 PM
i have no idea on the year but your trike is waaay nicer, th eplastic was faded like crazy on the one i saw.

Yamahauler
09-12-2005, 07:13 PM
What color was it?

straight pipe
09-12-2005, 07:15 PM
couldn't tell...the thing was faded real bad... it just looked gray

Yamahauler
09-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh well.
Do you have anymore boggin' pics?

straight pipe
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
a few more

RedRider_AK
09-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Heh, same thing happened to me on my 110. 25x12-8 Mud Puppies on the rear, a stock 22X11-8 Pro-Am on the front = impossible to beat in a mud race. I was stomping left and right, all over Honda 300 4x4 Fourtraxes and such...

monster 84r
09-18-2005, 04:53 PM
sounds awesome, it feels great to beat their new 6,000 dollar machienes with a little finesse and skill. ive seen guys stuck up to the fenders because they try to rip through thick mud on heavy machienes. i heard that a few models of atc's can float from this old timer by my house, i wonder if its true. anyway, nice job!

firefirefire90
09-18-2005, 05:10 PM
take a US90 out there with those big balooon tires and i bet you she'll float. what is it, 125 pounds? Cant be too heavy if it fits in a car's boot. But who would take a pristine US90 out mud bogging?

threewheelin-feelin
09-18-2005, 05:31 PM
that would be a good photo for the master card priceless comercials