PDA

View Full Version : You guys with the ATC500R's what would it take to buy/ build your bike?

old honda dealr
09-09-2005, 11:48 PM
I am trying to see about how much it cost to build a ATC500R and what it would take to just buy one outright. Lets see what you have in them and what guys think they are worth. Oh yeah and dont forget about the fun factor. Lets here some first reactions.

KASEY
09-10-2005, 01:37 AM
hmmmmm,,, good question , i have had my 500r for several years i couldn't even say how much i have spent on it , most is just updating , different tires , different plastic , different trans parts , several paint jobs, ALL VERY WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY,,,, Its way easier to ride than anything the power is way user friendly , its a awesome dune trike .
to build one,,, its hard to say cause i bought the motor seperately ,, and didn't have to deal with a complete bike, if you have to start from scratch $3000 would be a good start,,, depends on how NICE you wanted it ....

i sold mine for $3000 once the guy backed out because his wife said NO ,,,, at least thats what he said,,, i think she spent his trike fund on clothes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

88 Turbo Coupe
09-10-2005, 05:53 AM
Didn't you have your 500 on ebay about 2 years back and ended the auction early?

Derrick Adams
09-10-2005, 09:51 AM
So far I have $1450 in mine and it's just now mechanically a three wheeler. I still have to buy plastic, tires, and build a sub-frame. Not to mention the pipe and silencer I want to put on it and a de-compression kit.

I have a $3000 budget for this bike and I'll hit that for sure. But the bike will be new from top to bottom!

Blown 331
09-10-2005, 09:58 AM
If you start with a whole bike what's the easiest was to do the swing arm? My neighbor has a 1987 CR500, it's really nice and he doesn't ride it much. I could pick it up for $1100. Has an new FMF Gnarly pipe and fresh rebuild too.

Billy Golightly
09-10-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm getting close to 2k in mine I think. Probably wouldn't sell it for anything less then 3k to be honest.

3Razors
09-10-2005, 11:58 AM
On average ** lookin at 3000 to build one including the cost of buying a cr500 bike. About 1000-1500 for a used bike. The rest is spent on swingarm, components, fenders, etc. It does add up quickly. My friend builds the swingarms if anyone is interested.

Derrick Adams
09-10-2005, 03:39 PM
I re-used the CR swinger on mine. We notched it and pulled it in to fit a Banshee rear axle assembly on it. Then made some 1/2" thick aluminum mounting plates to attach it.

I'll have a full "How-to" on this conversion once I finish the bike. I don't want to drag a thread along for 3 months.

Louis Mielke
09-10-2005, 07:07 PM
I have a little under 3k in mine but honestly I figure I'll have 4k in it once its all done. I'm getting P&P done,,,,er Powder and Polish.....and maybe eric gore port & polish down the road.... I like my stuff pretty. Kinda sucks cause anytime something happens, scrathed plastic bent bars etc...it bugs the crap outa me untill I replace/repair it. lol.