PDA

View Full Version : Hey all...newbie here!!!

MudTamer
09-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Hello, I just found this site and glad to see people still have a passion for 3-wheelers.
I got my first one in '83 a Suzuki Alt 125, I was 13 then but unfortunately I had to put (Old Yeller) down a few years ago.....sniff...sniff.
I did however get a break,a friend of mine was up in the mountains and saw a '84 Atc 200es for sale.
Apparently a farmer had it barn kept (like new) a remnant for his children before they went off on there own.
The farmer wanted $500.00 for it.
I have a question though for '84 Atc200es knowledged people, What's that plug in for between the handle bars and headlight assembly?
Once again glad to have found this site and hope to see ya on the trail.....Jeff

Tri-ZNate
09-09-2005, 10:49 PM
:welcome: The plug is a plug-in for accessories like spotlights made for it (hondaline stuff). :TrikesOwn

nouseforaname90
09-09-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that the plug in is for some Hondaline accessories.
My dad once told me that they had spotlights that you could plug into that.. thats only what he said though. Although he should know, because he owned a Big Red when he was young and rode it with his buddies for hours a day.

Edit: Well I see I was beat to it.. lol

bigredhead
09-09-2005, 11:10 PM
12v accesory plug.. wire in a cigarette lighter plug and you can plug in your cell phone, or an electric pump ( very useful if your tires suffer a bad case of dry rot ) or anything else with low amperage requirement.

the ES's are nice.. go over the frame carefully.. specially the underneath, look for cracks or bad rust, even if it was parked.

Check the rear end bearings , prop the rear end off the ground and try to wiggle the wheels, if you have play.. you need bearings. if solid.. RIDE ON !

brendan802
09-09-2005, 11:16 PM
:welcome:
Yes that little 12v plug has save me a few times. Headlight died one night and I rigged a car headlight to it. Those 200es are built like tanks. I have one myself and they are a very good utility machine and hunting machine.

dovesprings250R
09-10-2005, 12:00 AM
welcome aboard!

twgranger
09-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Welcome to the board. :welcome: