PDA

View Full Version : another quad kill

willcamach
09-08-2005, 09:42 PM
just wanted to post . over the weekend i had my 200x out and was racing a friend of mine who just bought a raptor 350.. i am proud to say that he could not keep up with me at all till i basicaly topped out 5th gear and then he would slowly creep up on me and eventually pass but not till we were almost out of space to go any further. probably helped that his is all stock and just barely broken in but hey i was smiling ear to ear considering ive only got about 1200 tied into my 200x including bike rebuild and upgrades. and he just paid $5,300 for his new quad..lol cant wait till i change the axle bearings in my 250r to really spank his ass. :TrikesOwn

Tri-ZNate
09-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Lol did you dance on it's grave?

willcamach
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
no just got sideways at the end of the strip and roosted him a bit before letting him play catchup to the other end of the field lol....best part about all of this is i had just picked my trike up from the shop because i couldnt get it to run right it would run ok then after heating up become very hard to start...turns out my valves were way off as well as my jetting. and so this was my very first problem free outing since ive owned the trike. i thought i liked the trike before. now im just head over heals in love with this trike. and cant wait till my 250r is ready to roll i can only imagine what that ride will be like.

grundlegrabber
09-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Not tryin to steal your thunder, but I also had a quad-killing experience over the weekend. A friend of mine that lives up north of Allentown has a super nice all original '88 TRX250R. He thought he could kick my butt no problem, so we lined up on the street in front of his house and off we went. We had a pretty equal start, he may have had a foot or 2 on me, but as soon as I hit third gear my '86 ATC250R began to gain and gain. By the time I topped out in 5th, I was 2 bike lengths ahead of him and had to start decel. My '86 R is all stock and I have no idea when the top end was last done. I think his motor is fresher than mine and I still had him good! So surprised was he, he hadn't the words to express his dismay.

brapp
09-09-2005, 01:05 PM
last weekend i won 2 quad kills in the 300 foot drags, but he one i got beat by a worked r on the tri-z and then 250r i red lighted it so that was the end of it for me.