PDA

View Full Version : DG Pipe And Silencer For aircooled 250r?

willcamach
09-08-2005, 07:53 PM
has anyone currently have or ever had the gd racing exhasut on an 83-84 r i want to get an aftermarket pipe setup for my R but this is the only thing available new. just wondering if anyone can give me a review of this setup....also can i change just the silencer and what if any gains would i see? :TrikesOwn

oddball3
09-08-2005, 08:16 PM
I got the DG pipe and silencer setup on my 84 250r. Going from the stock exhaust I did feel a difference. Some might say that another brand is better, but since that is the only one left making them I guess you have to make due, unless you can find a used setup. Do the DG pipe and a good set of reeds and your set.
You might feel a little difference with just the silencer, but I would go with the whole setup.

willcamach
09-08-2005, 09:32 PM
is it the dg pipe a bottom, mid, or top end pipe. and what reeds are you currently running. im not sure what reeds i have currently . and when replacing the reeds should i get the whole cage setup or just use the stock cage with aftermarket reeds?

oddball3
09-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Its more of a mid to top. I was running FMF reeds and It gave me a little more bottom end. The stock cage is fine, just get the reeds. If you can get a 86 250r cage, they are a little bigger and use a stuffer, that would help also. I just put on a 86 250r cage and carb on mine, still have to set it up, but what I feel running it in the garage theres a difference. I dont know which reeds Im currently runnin now. They came from a 85 cr250 that I got from a friend.

willcamach
09-08-2005, 09:46 PM
sounds good guess i will settle for the dg pipe and silencer just didnt want to waste any money on it if it werent a real upgrade, as ive heard from many people that dg pipes are "barely any better than stock" , or just "stock replacements". thanks for the input